The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are you watching the winter games?

Are you watching the winter games?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I am not it has nothing to do with costs.
I would spend twice that on long black coffee in just a fortnight.
But even before the start the pay for view super sales adds bored me.
Love sport all sport but snow sport?
No not even following the results .
Wounder if pay per view made is money out of it?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 18 February 2010 4:49:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I catch what I can on 9. I just dread an Aussie getting a medal coz the network milks it like a prize cow. You don't see anything else after that.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 18 February 2010 8:58:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No doubt about it I AM a cynic.
But the hard sell, the reveling in our Canadian Aussie, well done mate have a happy life here or there,but it says something to me.
Desperation in filling time spots in pay and commercial TV then selling it?
How many of us get involved in such sport.
Who gos to the snow?
I suspect many who paid to watch are now refugees from the whole thing.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 February 2010 4:44:03 AM
Belly:"How many of us get involved in such sport.
Who gos to the snow?"

I tend to agree. Snow sport, especially competitive snow sport, is really an activity for a wealthy or very dedicated few. I've only ever been to the snow once, despite living and working in the Southern Highlands of NSW for several years, only a short drive from the snowfields. The sheer cost of it was a significant factor.
Posted by Antiseptic, Friday, 19 February 2010 7:48:21 AM
I agree,I thought that the young kids at the local skate park were boring but to televise it from Canada makes it even more boring.
Remember the good old days when we were intro duced to our Ice Skaters ,I mean Torvill and Dean not the russian speed skaters.
The Channels have taken out of work Footy comperes and turned them into ski experts,what a bore and I love all sports!
Posted by BROCK, Friday, 19 February 2010 9:08:27 AM
Belly

Awesome....how those 3 naked girls and the guy cope with the snow is....fascinating.
You are talking about the Swedish movies on Late night SBS aren't you?
(snigger snigger he he )
Posted by examinator, Friday, 19 February 2010 11:22:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy