The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Faith in god is faithlessness in man

Faith in god is faithlessness in man

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
When justice is farce and honesty is scarce, truth valued no more, cunningness everywhere, clueless man seeks solace elsewhere.In this kind of a situation, god becomes the only hope.Therefore it can be said that "Faith in god is nothig but Faithlessness in man"
Posted by Ezhil, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 9:29:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ezhil

I think you are partly right. People put their faith in Obama as the great saviour and at best he has carried on with Mr Bush's policies while pretending to be different. Tiger Woods was portrayed as the ultimate family man. Our current politicians are more about spin than substance.

I think it is good to put faith in man up to a point. As soon as you promote him/her to godlike status you end up with man believing their own press. Recently it has been top scientist caught out lying, cheating and pretending they knew the future. When clergy are treated like god they also often become corrupt and sometimes perverted.

Perfect faith can only really be placed in the Lord Jesus Christ whose integrity, love. righteousness, truthfulness makes all other men look very bad indeed.

Today people make idols out of sports stars, scientist, rock stars and politicians. Ultimately they are all flawed with a sinful nature and inevitably let people down. Any person who believes they have are gods are generally arrogant and deluded. New age teaches this nonsense.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 11:44:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ezhil, I see your point. All through the many 10's of thousands of years that humans have walked this earth, they have worshiped everything from plants, moons, suns or animals, as well as any number of Gods.

Obviously, they needed something or someone to blame for their bad luck or shortcomings, rather than themselves.
They needed someone to worship when life went well for them too. They should just have patted themselves on the back instead!

Runner <" Perfect faith can only really be placed in the Lord Jesus Christ whose integrity, love. righteousness, truthfulness makes all other men look very bad indeed."

I am glad you have a God (or his son) to worship Runner.
I understand that some people need a God in their lives and that it can be comforting to them in hard times.

What I want to know is what on earth did all of mankind do to save their mortal souls before Jesus apparently walked on the Earth only two thousand years ago or so, and Christianity was dreamed up ?

Are all those people in hell right now?
It must be very full.....
Posted by suzeonline, Thursday, 18 February 2010 1:43:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
dear Susie,
If you sincerely want an answer then ask Jesus for he lives today. Before Jesus came King David said these words "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord" for the revealed word in the old testament points to the coming saviour. Isaiah gave these prophetic words "the Lord himself will give you a sign: Behold the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall shall call his name Immanuel [God with us]. So Susie then as now those that believed are saved. Jesus said "narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life,and there are few that find it." Read Matthew - 7 to get the complete picture. Well said Runner.
Regards Richie 10
Posted by Richie 10, Thursday, 18 February 2010 5:34:32 AM
Suze makes a good point about different types of worship through history.

Whether it be God, the moon or the forests, most worshipping appears to be an extension of man's need to seek explanation in the world or something 'outside' himself.

It is easy to see that in desperate times otherwordly beliefs might provide comfort for many.

Human behaviour and the selfish instinct can be disappointing at times but there is also much to be praised in human behaviour. I know of one workplace where staff all agreed to take a pay cut (including managers) to ensure no jobs were lost in hard economic times. People also pull together during crisis situations and disasters. People give up their jobs to care for their elderly or disabled relatives/friends.

There are always examples of the good and bad in human beings and worshipping Gods does not seem to help the USA much in terms of crime rates or the treatment of women in Islamic countries. Ultimately whether you have faith or not, the decision about behaviour will always come down to a human choice.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 18 February 2010 8:23:35 AM
If his name is Immanuel why does everyone keep calling him Jesus? Or was Isaiah full of it?

Maybe they got the wrong bloke in the end.

I always want to know about all the babies that die before being christened, including those of other denominations. It's quite harsh of god to burn babies for eternity in hell because they died before choosing whether or not to believe in god.

For mine, Heaven and Hell are internal states of being inside each individual. They're both here on earth and exist until you die.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 18 February 2010 8:29:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy