The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Well Done Barnaby Joyce!

Well Done Barnaby Joyce!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
It appears that at last somebody has the right idea regarding the direction in which we are going as a nation.

Senator Barnaby Joyce has suggested a cessation of the payment of Foreign Aid (to most probably certain countries who have for years used the money for all the wrong reasons).

If we are to believe that we are suffering long term climate change, and not simply a "natural" periodic climatic change, which has happened many times before in the history of this planet ( according to the scientists )and if we have to placate the masses of "true believers" by implementing some sort of a "Dr Feelgood" treatment, the imposition of another type of GST ( ETS Tax )is certainly NOT the answer to the problem.

If money has to be found and spent to placate the obssessed, the idea of utilizing "tainted" Foreign Aid money is a very sensible one and one that may at the same time jerk the slack out of all those overseas recipients who have been squandering and abusing the privilage of monetary aid, for so many generations!

Our nation cannot afford another GST at this time when the financial future for a lot of our citizens is looking a trifle insecure.

Talk of implementing an ETS (Tax)and then compensating the people for the cost involved is exactly that,...TALK. The whole principle is absolutely ludicrous and people should be aware that ANY new Tax or Charge for the ETS will be a charge against every individual forever!

It certainly appears that to the majority of Australians ( not that there are many true Australians left )the matter of most import today is whether the Leader of the Opposition, Tony Abbott will continue to wear his "Budgie Smugglers".....oh my! aren`t we getting so very petty!

Priorities, Priorities, Priorities!
Posted by Crackcup, Friday, 5 February 2010 10:32:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Groan, I'm suffering from reading such unmitigated ill thought out drivel,

More shallow denialist selfishness bollocks using the cover of National interests. Gore Vidal was right (patriotism) is the first refuge (of a scoundrel)
Talk about why this country is potentially in trouble! Oppositional spin for opposition sake !

Sure be more certain that our aid goes to stop suffering

>"It has all happened before according to scientists"< *Wrong* there has never been 6.something Billion people before. With possibly Billions of lives at stake.

The primary fresh water source of the 4 main rivers for Southern China, India and Bangladesh feeder Glaciers are retreating. what are these 300 + million going to do? The only point in question is that 25 years time frame for all glaciers. There are no replacement glacier sources on the western side of the Tibetian Plateau.
BTW the desertification of areas means a Gobi desert effect(the driest desert in the world)
I'm sure the displaced will be comforted to know its all natural,

Crackup, perhaps you need to understand the working theory better or consider the consequences of those "natural" events.

Its called perspective.
Posted by examinator, Friday, 5 February 2010 11:46:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hang on my well respected mate examinator.
Our nice old fella crackup/cuphandle often says things like this.
And is often wrong, not this time!
Thank you Barnaby Joyce! truly, you by showing how much out of touch you are, contribute to the return of my mate Kevin to the lodge.
Now I truly see a very real attempt to look like old Joe in Barnaby, he sure sounded like him in some speeches he made lost his thoughts and control of his words.
Crack up we all, me included put our selves out there, able to be rebutted when we say things here.
This is a thread that exposes you to being said to be out of touch.
Our overseas aid may well too often find its way into the wrong hands, that is shameful.
But to cut it is too.
Abbott, a man who habitually walks around with one foot in his mouth has retracted Barnaby's wandering into a minefield, he must do so often.
Why is Abbott's successor in waiting Hockey cringing? he knows winning support of out back red necks is not going to do it, the election needs thoughtful consideration not blind screaming foolishness.
My regards Barnaby just a year ago I saw some good in you, wrongly thinking it was to benefit your party.
It is in fact the ALP who grows on your emissions, thanks.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 5 February 2010 4:29:39 PM
Barnaby Joyce is a "oncer."

This is a name given to a member who's
been elected contrary to expectation.
This usually happens as the result of
a landslide election. Some oncers are
shocked to find themselves converted
into honorable members having agreed to
stand for the seat on the understanding
that there was no prospect of election
but that they would be doing the party
a favour.

Others, however, become so inflamed with
political ambition that they devote all
their time in Parliament to getting
publicity, (Joyce, Tuckey, et al), often
with amusing results to the voters but
embarrassment to party leaders.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 5 February 2010 6:03:10 PM
I like Barnaby Joyce and think he is a man on integrity.

Why are we borrowing from China to give to poorer countries who are kept in debt slavery by the Global Banksters? The banksters should be negating the interest payments.It is nothing but a scam just like Jokenhagen.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 5 February 2010 8:04:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Arjay,

I can understand your liking a man
who makes so many people laugh!

And as for "jokenhagen?"

That was begat by the charismatic
Fib-err-alls.

You don't want to believe people who
are going round in ever decreasing
concentric circles.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 5 February 2010 8:40:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy