The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia racist again, oh dear!

Australia racist again, oh dear!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
There was never a stronger case for the Yanks to learn and play cricket.
Posted by phoenix94, Thursday, 7 January 2010 10:10:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Remember that U Tube clip in the US where they were asking people on
the street to point out different countries on a world map ?

Well, many couldn't even find the United States.
So really it is just another one of those things, the poor dears
can't help themselves.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 7 January 2010 10:22:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz, I lived in the US and met seomeone from Canada. An American in the group asked where that was. I thought a little extreme until I heard an Australian say the closest country to Australia was New Zealand.

However, they do live in la la land. I have seen mnay that proclaim Australia to be behind the US by 50 years. like we are in the 50's.

Plus they do have a different way to address issues such as racism. they honestly feel that keeping a yard worker or housekeeper on $20 a day is good doing a favour, they have no concept that exploitation is bad. I have a run in once when I was told that the $80/week housekeeper they employed was good thing. It was difficult to argue against their suggestion that Indigenous Australian would better off being live in help rather than do nothing. I said I would only even consider doing that if I paid them enough for them to put a roof over their own head and pay for their childrens education.

Very different culture, we are not behind, we are not ahead..just culturally different. Perhaps in too many minor ways to suggest we are more alike than we actually are. the reason they butt in too often.
Posted by TheMissus, Thursday, 7 January 2010 10:41:38 AM
KFC have pulled the ad from the airwaves. Not that is shown in the US, the Americans found it on You Tube.

CENSORED BY AMERICA.

AMERICAN IMPERIALISM

WE MUST COMPLY
Posted by TheMissus, Thursday, 7 January 2010 12:14:29 PM
I don't want to add insult to injury, but West Indians aren't Afro/Americans, black Americans. I wonder if its dawned on our lessor cousins in the USA that the WI's might have a different culture than them, after all they do have their own country where they are dominant.(The blackness of their president isn't even commented on) pity about the yanks though.

Do we mention there weren't any Americans represented in the ad. So what's it got to do with them anyway. The ad involve two separate countries. And think, they wondered why the Muslims got upset at the cartoon of Mohammad.

I think that the Aussie fan's manners are poor he didn't offer the West Indians desert ....watermelon perhaps?
Not a good look Yanks.
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 7 January 2010 1:34:43 PM
<< AMERICAN IMPERIALISM >>

Talk about hysterical. Given the dominance of American corporations in Australia's fast food market in recent decades, I'd have thought that this is a case of 'chickens coming home to roost'.

For TheMissus' benefit - KFC is an American corporation that flogs crap food on to undiscerning consumers all over the world. I really wouldn't be very upset if they lose money over this nonsense, but I doubt they'll notice it.

It's crap, unhealthy food anyway. I hope they go broke, but not because of this advertisement.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 7 January 2010 1:51:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy