The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > American Poverty

American Poverty

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Thinker “Whilst an improvement( in stats) on the position of A.A's 200 years ago, it is not dissimilar in terms of opportunity for progress, for at least 45% of the children mostly of rural workers of Louisiana.”

Oh that is terrible

Horrendous

American poverty must be the worst thing on earth

It is a clear sign of the failings of capitalism

Until one considers

Poverty in India

Poverty in the former USSR and its satellites

Poverty in Mexico

The poverty of Africa

The poverty of many Asian countries

If American “poverty” is so terrible – why are so many people from all around the world signing up to join through both legal “green card” schemes and illegal boat landing and night-smuggling schemes?

Maybe they feel that “American poverty” will be so much better than the poverty they already know.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 9 December 2009 2:18:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
tomfromtacoma misconstrues my latest proposition/response to his earlier post as admissions or retraction regarding the truth or otherwise of my original post.

ColRouge makes the point well that people from the third world countries would still prefer living in America to their own poverty, and thank you rstuart for the chuckles.

The stat I originally quoted in my original post was part of the content of a TV program screened by either ABC or SBS, both highly regarded as credible public sources of information here.
Posted by thinker 2, Wednesday, 9 December 2009 4:08:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The point I am making thinker2 s that stats are not facts and I your case they’re positively dubious.
A fact is something that indisputable in that it has occurred, not the government mouth piece you hold in high regard. just shows that you’re as thick as you are in error.
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/
Try this for a credible, but still OPINIONATED link from the ABC and see how many retractions they come up with.
And the SBS is far worse in terms of reporting track record and journalistic accuracy.
Whereas I have quoted indisputable facts e.g.
The referendum on a democracy results for instance
The 2 amendment to the American constitution
The civil war that Americans fought for the liberation of the black man which I note you haven’t commented on.
I haven’t seen any ozzie war for black liberty. Yet England banned slavery first well before the United States. So why hasn’t the Australian aborigine got full citizen rights?
The constitution that allows Somalian to come in under political protection and become an Australian citizen, yet an aboriginal still can’t vote? See referendum 1967! That you actually went to referendum and VOTED out the aborigine’s right to vote is denied. The USA has a bill of rights that says
“All citizens regardless of race color or religion “which I would daresay is downright unconstitutional l in ozz. You make me laugh
It’s an irrefutable fact, and no doubt ground to take the Australian government to court over.
The plain facts are that the ozzie constitution is a collection of ad hoc decisions to cover political stuff ups , simply no more than bunch of bigots and clowns you elect to do your conscience work for you.
Why because your all bigots that why!
We don’t need democracy big sars.
First you need cerebral an enem
Posted by thomasfromtacoma, Thursday, 10 December 2009 4:09:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy