The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Mad Monk and the Liberal integruity?

Mad Monk and the Liberal integruity?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
Boys and Girls,
http://geoflop.uchicago.edu/forecast/docs/lectures.htmlhttp:
This address is by a Prof David Archer of climatology it is infact the first semester int the topic at Uni lecture by lecture. I'm halfway through the series. It is designed for individuals who aren't scientists
Author of "Global Warming, understanding the forecasts" (how it works in simple terms and 'The Big Thaw'Pros and cons of the science ...brilliant.
P.s he also recommends a book "Hot, Flat and Crowded" by Thomas Freedman ...it explains what are the options. (I'm looking for a copy now).

http://www.realclimate.org/
Is an authoritative site on climatology and related fields.
It is by climatologists for anyone with a brain although it does get a bit tech at times but the point is clear. David Archer and others contribute the list is stunning as are the references.

they aren't involved in climategate but talk about the reality of what it all means to the end results.

//www.sciencedaily.com/news/earth_climate/
Is the best general science site I've read its articles are clear concise and referenced so if you want to go on a hunt you can read as deeply as you want.

Once you have read and done these you'll know more than me.
Now, you know what I do to 'chill out', and get some of my information, reading and research. Oh yes computer Jigsaws.
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 3 December 2009 4:27:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The greens voted to do nothing, twice , intent on a scheme that WILL NEVER be put in place they voted with conservatives, against ETS.
Richie ten, you mate are a fraud, I truely think just that.
You sell yourself as Christian, but act as a bigot.
In time Bazz and not much of it, you will wish you could retract your words.
See most of developing country's are having an ETS, we will have one, those who inherit leaders rolls in conservative party's in Australia will support one.
Want to bet I am wrong?a hobby of mine is compiling a book of strange statements , keeping them, like posts on this subject.
In time they bring belly laughs
Real laughter , I have your posts in that file.
Global warming is a fact, surely even you can calculate the growth in world population over 50 years.
Surely motors cars and engines have only been around not much more than 100 years why look back further to see if mans impact is getting worse.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 December 2009 7:08:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
Love is a decision not a feeling and there is none so blind as he who choses not to see. There are 2 senarios
1. The truth will set us free and it is not time for the end. or
2. Hell on earth as it is time for the one world government, only God and you Belly know that time as we other mere mortals are not privaliged with that imformation.
Posted by Richie 10, Friday, 4 December 2009 2:53:13 AM
As you may know Richie ten, I once was a believer.
Born to a mother who was very much Christian, I looked for salvation in that Creed.
Not your brand of Christianity.
Not a weird mix of conspiracy madness and entrenched wish to make God do your bidding.
I thought for a while God was in command, he was not a sales man for the right or Left, he did not rule one nation evil another ok.
Well yes Jews are his people read your book.
But in time you, well ten thousand like you, showed me many, too many Christians, want to be puppet master for their non existent Gods.
Judge not less you be judged bloke.
If you ever open your eyes, ever see we are in control you may be unable to live without your props but remember it is you not me, who is unable to live in the real world.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 4 December 2009 3:40:26 AM
Belly,
Seeing as how you have read the book you would know that in the last days men whould close their eyes to the truth and rather believe a lie. Read the draft treaty of the Copenhagen conference before you put put pen to paper. If you have already, then you know what is in it and there is no point in attacking me
Jesus is not a creed he is a living person, he is the door to the kingdom of God and if you try any other door,creed, religious denomination,or belief system you end up at a diferent destination.
God is a jealous God and Will Not share the glory. K Rudd and M Turnbull confess christianity and also evolution which makes them double minded and unstable in all their ways. Not a good quality in a
leader. The mad monk got the job because of his single mindedness and it is a start. All ways remember Belly God resists the proud and gives grace {undeserved favour} to the humble and I would rather live under grace in Jesus than under the Law for but for the grace of God we would all be subject to the penalty of the law for none of us are perfect only Jesus.
Posted by Richie 10, Friday, 4 December 2009 5:37:40 AM
Rstuart said:
Bazz: "There is significant doubt about the temperature increase."

>No Bazz, there isn't. Some do doubt it is due to CO2, and some doubt
>that it will continue to rise.

No,there is doubt about the temperature rise.
The temperature has been down since 1998.
Even Tim O'Flannery now admits that it is down.
He even admitted it on the ABC to Tony Jones of all people.

This one of the parameters that the UEA CRU are accused of fiddling.
The other one is the middle ages warm period which was warmer than
the UEA CRU said. This is the tree ring fiddle of which they are accused.
They refused the raw data to other researchers, saying that they were
not allowed to pass it on which turned out to be incorrect.

Now I don't have the knowledge or the data to resolve these points,
although it does seem that anyone with the data and the software
could plot it for themselves. There might be more to it than that
but there can't be much more to producing simple graphs of temperature.

The problem seems to be that they were able to get the world wide
surface figures from various governments etc and grind them up to
produce first the infamous hockey stick of Al Gore fame and then
more recently limited the height of the historical plot and pushed
up the recent temperatures.

For years when questions were raised the answer would be that the
Uni of East Anglia CRU have proved this and that.
They were the font of expert knowledge on world temperatures.
Now suddenly they are being said to be just another climate research
group. Not all that important.
Rubbish they were involved in selection of papers for the IPCC
publications. If proven, they have corrupted the whole process.

Put crudely that is what they are being accused of so its no wonder
that people like me who were fence sitters are really p*#&d off !
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 4 December 2009 9:43:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14