The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > With the first copy cat boat wanting the

With the first copy cat boat wanting the

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The Merak protesters led by spokesman `Alex' have been demanding the same deal as the Oceanic Viking boatpeople, who were picked up by the Australian Navy in Indonesian waters after they issued a distress plea.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/politics/oceanic-viking-protesters-could-be-resettled-in-australia/story-e6frgczf-1225799582987

Rudd with the spine of a jelly fish is likely to hold to his promises as long as it is convenient.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 19 November 2009 12:54:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I find it ironic the deployment of Australian Gun Boats being used as floating detention centres.

Gun boats have a primary purpose, to defend the interests of Australians.

Somehow I fell a return to the original purpose of "Gun boats" would be more appropriate in these times of nautical anarchy, people smuggling and economic refugees hell bent on circumventing Australias migration laws.

I know just one spray of medium calibre munitions into the bow of an illegal people smugglers boat would halt the flood of illegal smuggling shipments into Australian waters.
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 19 November 2009 4:52:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM,

What a load of rubbish.
You know as I do 'Alex' will most likely be denied access because of his criminal record in Canada.
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 19 November 2009 5:03:14 PM
The interesting thing will be when another alleged sinking boat
rings the Maritime Centre on their satelite phone, claiming to be
sinking.

Will the Govt again send out the Oceanic Viking to rescue them?
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 19 November 2009 8:19:59 PM
Col, you've got to be kidding mate.

Did anyone see a TV show last night, about boarder security. I'm told it showed our navy, sending a rubber duckie with a few men, to apprehend an illegal fishing boat, rather than put a single round of light arms fire into the things bow.

Obviously the lives of our service men are of less value, to our illustrous leaders, than those of the illegials. With rules of engagement like this, there is not much else one could assume.
With leadership [sic] like this, heaven help us.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 19 November 2009 10:25:39 PM
pussy cats if you fire across the bow of an intruder
you better have a nuclear weapon to defend yourself.
this thread stands accused of failing to protect women and children.
the solution is an equal rights constitution.
Posted by whistler, Thursday, 19 November 2009 10:50:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy