The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > if a *hoon car* to be named ......but why?

if a *hoon car* to be named ......but why?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Hi,
over the last couple of years I have witnessed numerous times, that when things go wrong on our roads, most often Holden Commodores are involved.
That can range from burn outs, speeding, throwing rubbish out while driving, antisocial behaviour, sadly accidents as well and so on.
It appears to me, that this type of car is most attractive especially to hoons.
I am not so sure why that is, but would be interested in knowing whether you made similar observations or different ones. Maybe it also has to do with where we live, and we live in South Western Australia.
Nowadays I keep distance when I see such a car approaching, even more so when realizing, that the driver is still young.
I feel a bit at unease in labeling that car in that way, but unfortunately that is my expirience. Is there any explonation for that?
Cheers Michael
Posted by m2catter, Saturday, 31 October 2009 8:06:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hoon's over this way tend to have various types of vehicles. [vic ]
Mostly new or near new. The hoon situation is not getting any less, i think it is increasing.
I am in a place that is called the hoon capital of au.
Further advances in penalties need applying, like crushing the vehicle on the spot.
To have your vehicle taken for a couple of days, is just something to be proud of.
They even put stolen number plates on for the occasion.
Posted by Desmond, Sunday, 1 November 2009 3:43:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
M2catter, I agree that it does appear to be the v6 or v8 commodores that are in the main the ones who seem to be involved in hoon activities.

I think it is possibly because it is a powerful car that people can easily get parts for, is easily available in large numbers and maybe easily break in to?

However, I believe the hoon cars should not be crushed or impounded forever. They should be given to needy families who could never otherwise afford cars. Crushing them seems like such a waste to me.
Posted by suzeonline, Sunday, 1 November 2009 4:42:13 PM
Suze

<< They should be given to needy families who could never otherwise afford cars. Crushing them seems like such a waste to me. >>

After having converted the fuel sucking engines to gas - "needy families" couldn't afford the fuel bill otherwise.

Have asked this question before, but doesn't hurt airing it again: Why isn't there a limit on CC's like there is on motor-bikes for novices?

Also, a point to note; Commodores still top the list of most stolen cars, for the reasons Suze has all ready suggested.

http://tiny.cc/libDJ
Posted by Fractelle, Monday, 2 November 2009 8:03:11 AM
I thought this was going to turn into one of those Holden vs Ford threads.

The biggest giveaway is if the car has a black stripe down the middle of the bonnet and big fat tyres. Bit like the hat driver alert especially if the car is a Volvo.

Crushing does seem like a waste. Perhaps the cars could be un-hooned and then sold with all proceeds going to worthwile charities minus the cost of dehooning.
Posted by pelican, Monday, 2 November 2009 8:52:27 AM
Where I live we have an expression relating to hats - "the bigger the brim, the smaller the spread". I think this could be adapted to "hoon cars" - e.g. "the bigger the engine the smaller the driver's penis", or something like that.

Fractelle raises some good points, as usual. I overheard a conversation at my pub yesterday, where one of our local young idiots was bragging about how he'd exceeded 300 km/h on his new motorcycle on the highway on his way to the pub. Apparently this machine is the fastest production motorcycle in the world - one wonders why they are legally able to be sold in Australia, where the fastest speed limits are generally 100-110 km/h.

I won't speculate on the size of the young fool's dick, but I do sincerely hope that the police catch this twerp and take both his bike and his licence off him before he kills himself and perhaps others through his sheer recklessness.

Lastly, I quite like the idea of crushing hoons' vehicles while they are forced to watch. At the very least, nobody else would be able to endanger themselves or others with them again.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 2 November 2009 9:10:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy