The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'Suffer little children'

'Suffer little children'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Fractelle, as a child growing up in the Catholic Church we were told to trot over to the confessional each week to report our sins of the previous week.
Every week I told the priest I lied to my mother and father. He would give me five "Hail Marys" and five 'Our Fathers" and I would go away happily and do it all again.

One sermon I was at as a teenager had the priest discussing the latest 'scandelous allegation' about a fellow priest in another parish having 'taken liberties' with some alter boys.

This priest suggested that the boys were all lying and as such had all been relieved of their duties as alter boys.
The accused priest was apparently absolved of all sins (what sins they were was never specified) by his local Bishop at his next confession and was moved to another parish for his own safety.
I often wondered about the alter boys in that other parish.
The mental health hospitals are full of patients who have been abused as children. It is never ok.
Posted by suzeonline, Monday, 24 August 2009 5:29:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fractelle while it was another thread the dragons are not gone faith is what we need.
I just want to underline my point, love can never be used to hide such crimes.
But I would lie if I said I would not be there for my relative, but trust?
Some rules of the very many reildgions I dislike are very good maps for life.
Forgiveness is not a thing I could do, but help if a effort was made?
yes every time.
Let us not forget its all reildgions and walks of life that do things like this.
I however truly think the Catholic church is by far the worst offender
Posted by Belly, Monday, 24 August 2009 5:53:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Worst in what respect?

Some relevant news:

http://www.zenit.org/article-26770?l=english
Posted by mjpb, Tuesday, 8 September 2009 2:35:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy