The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia...the toothless nation

Australia...the toothless nation

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
I don't criticise the lifestyles of others and there are certainly no guarantees in life, but we can shorten the odds and lengthen the odds, when it comes to health. But, just as with many other insurances, I believe that known wise choices deserve to be rewarded with a discount.

I also support the suggestion of taxing lollies [which I enjoy eating, so I would pay a little extra here] to subsidise an adequate dental service for all Australians.

As a general principle, we can't have a "user pays" system for healthcare and then claim to be a civilised country. But we could have an "abuser pays" system, with the real life villains, the manufacturers/marketers of known grossly unhealthy lifestyle choices, being taxed to pay for their detrimental effects on the community at large.
Posted by Rex, Sunday, 17 December 2006 9:16:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well i for one believe that the cost of health insurance can come down.

but that would be neither here nor there if this party doesnt make it
Posted by tapp, Sunday, 17 December 2006 11:16:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy