The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > OBAMINATION?

OBAMINATION?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
"A conversation with Naomi Klein, author of "The Shock Doctrine" and William Greider, author of "Come Home, America" shows clearly how Obama has betrayed the very people who voted for him and are bought over by the rich investment bankers."

Ummmmm, he's an American politician, you were expecting something else?
Even though he has more "power" than any man should be trusted with, any attempt to actually USE that power to change the existing political/economic power-structure will see him rapidly gone,no matter his Halo, and he knows it. It was never going to be otherwise.
Posted by Maximillion, Monday, 8 June 2009 10:01:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*self-regulation cant work with greedy money-grubs such as yourself..as revealed by the very words your chosing to use...*

Lol UOG, now I am seemingly a greedy money grub, because I
don't believe your many conspiracy theories.

It has in fact been myself who has been pointing out, that lack
of regulation by the Bush regime was a major part of this problem.

So there we have it, no 7 trillion $ given away as previously
claimed.

But you are still on about silver and gold coins and usury.

They got rid of silver coins for good reasons. When the price of
silver went up, people melted them down and countries were left
with a severe shortage of coins for everyday use. That is hardly
rocket science to understand.

So what is your issue with usury? Depending on the definition,
usury applies to excessive interest rates. Yes pawnbrokers do it,
a few other emergency cash suppliers, that is about it. More likely
I think that your problem is a religious one from Islam, where all
interest is not accectable. That hardly makes sense in today's
world, or there would not be a shortage of houses in places like
Saudi Arabia, because people can't obtain a mortgage to build a
house.

But continue to live in your dream world UOG.
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 8 June 2009 10:16:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Yabby, as far as I can see, a home-mortgage IS Usury, unbridled!.
What with compound interest, charges and penalties for just about everything, the ability to change a signed, contracted rate at will, the ability to take your money and possessions almost at will, what's missing?
Posted by Maximillion, Monday, 8 June 2009 10:32:30 AM
Bill Greider is so right when he talks about a dispersal of power in the US.Power in centralised in the bankers,large corporates and Govt.Now the corporates control Govt as well.40% of Americans currently don't want to vote for either party.

What made the US great was the innovation of smaller enterprises.Even bankers Bill Greider knows say that this continual bailout mentality will not work.Now these are two left wing authors and they are singing from the same sheet as Ron Paul.It is just making the bubble bigger and will end in disaster.When will sanity prevail?
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 8 June 2009 10:53:04 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
See Webster Tarpley's "The men Behind Obama" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MouUJNG8f2k
Tarpley also goes on to say on another video that it was Brzeinski who set up the USSR for their fall in Afghanistan.Apparently the CIA were in there before the Russians so the Russians saw this as a US threat to their security.According to Tarpley,Brezinski wanted to create a Vietnam for the Russians in Afghanistan and send them broke.In other words Brezinski set trap for the Russians to invade Afghanistan.

How true or credible this is I don't know,but it makes for interesting viewing.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 8 June 2009 12:57:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hmmm. I think you are perhaps being a little drama-queenish about this, Philip Tang.

>>So Pericles is now blaming the common person in the street for the 2008 financial crisis, because of using credit cards; quite unbelievable.<<

I am simply pointing out that it has been the "common person in the street" who has been taking advantage of the banks' lending policies for all these years.

If they had not done so, the problem would not have occurred, would it?

But it seems to be an imperative with some folk that there is always someone else, or some institution, to "blame" for the ills that befall them.

The fact remains that this crisis required the active participation of people, as well as encouragement from various external elements, ranging from government policy (Mr Smug was pretty hot on growth, I recall) to Banks, retailers and advertising agencies.

To pick just one cause over all the rest of what makes up our daily existence seems both perverse and self-serving.

>>Mr Buffett argues that such highly complex financial instruments are time bombs and ‘financial weapons of mass destruction’ that could harm not only their buyers and sellers, but the whole economic system<<

Warren Buffet is a very smart investor. And he turned out to be highly accurate in his assessment of the various derivatives, and other instruments that hid the basic fact that many unaware idiots had bitten off more credit than they could chew.

But the facts are still facts. People had the benefit of the credit when it was available, and the fact that they simply p*ssed it up against the wall was not within the Banks' ability to determine.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 8 June 2009 1:52:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy