The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Jews ban people from their clubs for being Australian

Jews ban people from their clubs for being Australian

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
It seems our Jewish “friends” have decided to ban all Australians from their clubs for reasons best known to themselves.

http://www.ajn.com.au/news/news.asp?pgID=7416

So if you are a white main stream Australian you can be turned away at the door purely for being an aussie.

How uncanny, Australians banned from clubs in Australia for being Australian! Long live multiculturalism?

Should mainstream society demand changes to the law seeing that apparently its ok for minorities to discriminate against the main steam but its not ok for the main steam to do like wise! The law that enables this would have been demanded by the very people who would have demanded that there also be a clause in it so that they can still keep discriminating against us, normal everyday Australians.

I for one have no interest in joining a maccabi club and I doubt any of you have an interest in joining but seeing that this is being done by a group of people who have built their whole culture on being victims and playing it for all it is worth I find it incredibly hypocritical.

I think its a case of practice what you preach?
Posted by EasyTimes, Sunday, 24 May 2009 9:06:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think the problem is that Jews want to keep their club all Jewish.
Why shouldn't they want to have their own club?
Who cares?
People should be allowed to reserve membership in their own clubs to whomever they please on whatever basis they please.
The problem is the selective treatment meted out by the Anti Discrimination Tribunals who police these things.
"The Equal Opportunities Act permits Maccabi to reject members based on their non-attributes, providing the organisation is acting to preserve its minority culture."
This sort of politically correct mumbo jumbo allows the Selective-Discrimination police to ban men-only clubs but allow minority-only or victim-only clubs.
Don't blame the Jews.
Blame the Asinine Discrimination Tribunals.
Posted by KMB, Sunday, 24 May 2009 10:38:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How uncanny, Australians banned from clubs in Australia for being Australian! Long live multiculturalism?

I've been saying it! Man-kind is not ready to mix just yet. Religious control in Australia is vital that its not aloud to run our country. Jews have been chased from many parts of the world and WW2, with other biblical historical events.
If they behave themselves, Australians are tolerant people.

On a funny note! If I have been circumcised, do you think they will be tolerant, and give me a free pass? lol Fair is fair my Jewish friends. Come on mates! fair suck of the Sabb.

EVO
Posted by EVO3, Sunday, 24 May 2009 11:12:31 PM
This is no different from having an all indigenous team unless of course you have one rule for Jews and another for others.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 24 May 2009 11:40:16 PM
Good point runner.

>>This is no different from having an all indigenous team unless of course you have one rule for Jews and another for others.<<

And what about State of Origin.

Pure discrimination.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 25 May 2009 8:41:51 AM
Hell, I can't join the RSL because I'm not a returned serviceman.

More flagrant discrimination!
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 25 May 2009 8:53:56 AM
Dear Easy Times,

I don't understand to what you're objecting.

Did you actually try to join a Jewish Club and were
turned away?

There's heaps of various Clubs in this country
whose membership tends to be limited to a specific
group. There's the various national group Clubs,
Greek, Chinese, Vietnamese, Maltese, Lebanese,
Danish, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, et cetera. Then
there's the Gay and Lesbian Clubs, Single-Parent
Clubs, Alcoholics Annonymous, Police Clubs, Retired
Service Men's Clubs, you name a specific group -
there's bound to be a Club - you can join. Each
Club has certain membership requirements and criteria
that have to be met. And a Jewish Club just may have
as one of its criteria the fact that you have to be
Jewish in order to join. That's not discrimination.
The same as you have to be an ex-serviceman to join
the RSL.

If it really bothers you about not being able to
join the Jewish Club - perhaps you need to think
about converting?
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 25 May 2009 10:49:44 AM
Are they banning Australia Jews?

I think you are getting religion mixed up with nationality. Why would a non-Jew want to join a Jewish organisation? Why would a Catholic want to join a Presbyterian organisation?
Posted by Leigh, Monday, 25 May 2009 11:48:59 AM
Yes, isn't it terrible! Just because you are not Jewish you cannot join a Jewish Club! I have a similar complaint,I CAN NO LONGER BE A MEMBER OF TATTERSALLS merely because I cannot afford the annual Members fee.Why don't we get together for a beer and discuss the formulation of a club that has no rules or membership fee and is open to everybody who wishes to join.It is sure to be a great success!
Posted by DIPLOMAN, Monday, 25 May 2009 11:53:56 AM
As a person with a British passport and an Australian passport, who happens to be living in Australia at the moment and who is an atheist, I have usually thoroughly enjoyed my visits to various clubs with titles like The Italian Association(serves excellent meals), The Spanish Club, the Estonial club, etc., etc.

The reason I have enjoyed myself is that the other members are interesting because they are different, and I get to hear their point of view, enjoy their humour and so on. And they are invariably very welcoming, presumably because I am different to them.

The Israelis are doing a very good job of giving Jews a bad name. I wouldn't have thought that they would need any help.
Posted by Stan1, Monday, 25 May 2009 12:40:22 PM
Ha ha. I sneaked into the local Irish pub at the weekend for a Guinness and got away with it.
To be sure.
Posted by Austin Powerless, Monday, 25 May 2009 2:12:55 PM
So is the post started by and antisemite, or just a troll?
Posted by ChrisPer, Monday, 25 May 2009 2:42:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don’t have a problem with people having their own clubs! I do have a problem with people having their own clubs but telling others that they cant have their own!

The RSL is in a different league you have to earn the right to be a member of that club you cant just be born into it.

If I wanted to start a club for white men or just white people I would be branded a nazi/racist and what ever else you wanted to call me. These kind of clubs DID exist at one stage but have all been torn apart by the very people who now demand their own exclusive clubs!

Why are their clubs for minorities but all the clubs exclusively for whites have been torn down and branded racist?

Remember the scene in the movie “Australia” and the aboriginal was not aloud to come into the pub because he was black? All the white people where portrayed as racist for doing that! But the Jews the Chinaman and the Aboriginal are all aloud to do it and people actually go out of their way to defend their right to do it.

HYPOICRACY
Posted by EasyTimes, Monday, 25 May 2009 8:37:24 PM
Dear Easy Times,

If you're talking about "Gentlemen's Clubs,"
as in the early English tradition.

They haven't been torn down at all.

There's two very exclusive ones here in Melbourne.

The "Athenaeum Club" - which is the oldest.
Founded I believe in 1868 or thereabouts.

And, "The Australia Club" - founded in 1878.

You can google them yourself - and have a read.

Quite interesting.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 25 May 2009 10:11:27 PM
Hey foxy always happy to reply to your comments!

These clubs have members who are not white Christians if they didn’t they would be breaking the law its as simple as that. Its called the racial discrimination act. This law was brought in and demanded by the very people who now ban white people from their own institutions. Besides these clubs are not on the same level as the Jewish clubs I am talking about. There might be only a handful of such clubs you talk about foxy and they have hefty membership fees ($2000) per year so they are out of most peoples leagues.

I am talking about community level clubs the ones where you send your kids to like the Jewish clubs I mentioned. We all know if anyone started a football club only for white kids their would be a huge up roar! So why do other ethnic groups get the green light not only from the law but many members of the community, the same members of the community who would be angry if whites did it!

Jews and others still complain about being banned from some western institutions for hundreds of years but today with their next breath they are frog marching out the door any nasty white people they catch in their own institutions.

I think you can all see the double stands here foxy!
Posted by EasyTimes, Tuesday, 26 May 2009 10:50:17 PM
As Foxy mentions the club tradition goes back centuries.
I doubt whether Foxy or any of her friends would have wanted to have attended the “Hellfire” and “Rakehell” clubs of old England or their modern equivalents.
Meanwhile other clubs and organizations have special membership qualifications.
As a bloke it may not do me good to join a breastfeeding organization.
It may be that certain Jewish clubs might be a little religiously devout and exercise their membership activities that way.

So what about the Masonic lodges then?

Anyway, one of the emerging characteristics of Australian social organizations is the dreaded ‘incorporation’ under state law.
This state of affairs, encouraged by governments, allegedly affords the benefits of legal entity.
In actual fact it usually results in well heeled clubs becoming ‘white-anted’ within their executive.

Once our club has become subsumed to the will of the new executive soon follows a pattern of expulsions and exclusivity within membership standards.
It is particularly strange that, on the one hand, such bodies appear supported by such legislation but, on the other, almost no statutory support exists for disaffected members or for those wrongfully excluded.

There is no reason that this sort of activity should have escaped Jewish clubs or for that matter other religious/ethnic organizations.
Posted by A NON FARMER, Wednesday, 27 May 2009 1:35:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am well known for being able to hold two thoughts in my head simultaneously, without exploding.

I abhor prejudice, and of all prejudices I dislike racial prejudice the most, followed closely by religious prejudice.

But I also consider that it is totally reasonable for like-minded people, of any colour, religion or gender persuasion, to form societies that are by their nature exclusive.

That is, they should be allowed to exclude whomever they like, for whatever reason they choose.

If the women-only gym around the corner chooses to exclude men, purely on the basis that the clientele it wishes to attract firmly believe that men are too sweaty*, they should be allowed to do so. The fact that among these men might be Jewish gays of Middle-Eastern swarthiness should not give rise to complaint.

Similarly, if a Jewish soccer league wants to exclude Catholic Argentinians from the teams in their competition, on the basis that they might be able to play soccer better than most and give one club an unfair advantage over another, they should be allowed to do so.

This is not unfair discrimination. It is natural and reasonable.

I'm fascinated, by the way, with Easy Times' imagery.

>>Jews and others still complain about being banned from some western institutions for hundreds of years but today with their next breath they are frog marching out the door any nasty white people they catch in their own institutions<<

Jews are not white people, Easy Times?

Interesting observation.

*Incidentally, it's not just that they're sweaty. They perve.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 27 May 2009 2:13:56 PM
Pericles: << Jews are not white people, Easy Times? >>

Apparently they're not Australians either - at least according to ET in the OP.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 27 May 2009 2:50:32 PM
“Jews are not white” No Pericles, whites are not Jews! Jews have been very active for thousands of years trying to keep themselves separate from us. It’s a pillar of their culture.

Where does this magical line in the sand appear in your books? Would you accept Muslim only Universities? What about Aboriginal only Rugby league teams in the NRL? What about a country only for whites?
Posted by EasyTimes, Wednesday, 27 May 2009 10:04:02 PM
Dude, you are talking about a sports club that aligns itself with a religion. In fact, religious affiliation is in its constitution, and so is it's aim: To promote, encourage and co-ordinate Jewish sporting, cultural and recreational activities.

http://www.maccabi.com.au/const.pdf

It's not an arbitrary decision to exclude non-Jews, it's to ensure that all the clubs that adopt the constitution abide by it. They're not excluding Australians, nor are they excluding white people, as both of these groups are certainly represented within these clubs.

Grow up and grow a brain.
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 27 May 2009 11:07:32 PM
The way I look at this particular case is to focus on it 's unique factors .

According to the web site posted comments. They seem to indicate that there ARE current non Jewish members and they will be rendered in eligible. To my thinking this retro active action is clear evidence of an intention to exclude. I think the previously members in good standing have a case of being discriminated against.

I draw a clear distinction between a police club or RSL on the grounds that the distinction based on a common action and not race or creed.

The second reason is based on my humanism I deplore any discrimination based on race or creed full stop REGARDLESS of who or what the club is.

To me this is a particularly short sighted action of the this club.

They will both lose good members but alienate many more community people.
Not only will this action effect at prosaic communities level but also the political .
On one hand Jews claim victim status in “THE Holocaust” in that it was the consequence off mass discrimination. Now they will be seen as happy to be the discriminator both on a political, religious and now sporting basis.

Excluding on the basis that he/she is Argentinian / wrong religion is unequivocally wrong. But if he is excluded from playing on the basis he would give a particular club an unfair advantage; I see this as reasonable within the judgment of the benefit to all the clubs in the group.
Gender bias is a separate issue and not relevant here as it can be taken in a wider context if you like a cultural catch up.
Posted by examinator, Wednesday, 27 May 2009 11:34:22 PM
What are you talking about bugsy? Didn’t you read the article I posted? They are having an active cull to get rid of all the non Jewish people in their clubs! Its called discrimination! The whole point of the thread is to discuss the fact that a group of people who blow the trumpet of equality so loud are now changing their tune to suit their own agenda! I am sure once they have pushed this through and it is safely under the covers they will go back to being victims of white anti semitism again.

Sorry bugsy but the only thing you have contributed to this thread is your ignorance.
Posted by EasyTimes, Wednesday, 27 May 2009 11:49:23 PM
Did you read the article and their constitution EasyTimes? You know, the one they adopted 25 years ago?
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 28 May 2009 12:06:28 AM
Bugsy
Insults aside, The constitution has been avoided for this period of time then there is legal principal to then strike that exclusivity out of the constitution. It can also be read that the objectives aren't specifically excluding non Jews and therefore there is another legal precedent.

Let's be clear here there is a few fundamentalists now trying to take over the club and are now interpreting the rules to support their perceptions. Well that's the way I read the circumstances and I'm sure many others will too. In short internecine club politics.
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 28 May 2009 12:38:50 AM
It's very clear in their constitution as to what constitutes the eligibility of a member, examinator. The one they adopted before club incorporation. I see no conspiracy in what has appears to have become a national management in trying to get non-conforming clubs to maintain that constitution.

Now, who usually goes on about members obeying the rules of the club?

Oh no, we're white, we don't have to be Jewish to join a Jewish club.
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 28 May 2009 8:00:25 AM
Bugsy

Substance of argument dear boy Substance.

Re read my post I they want to run legal argument then there ARE TWO PRECEDENTS (principals) that could be mounted.

BTW I have a Jewish Daughter. So the point isn't that moot for me.

If you were having a shot at me it missed its point by the proverbial Country Mile the issues at stake are different and therefore the shot irrelevant at best Cheap/nasty and/or silly at worse.
To wit the rules I am on about are those determining palatable behaviour not under the terms of any plausible definition of Discrimination, legal or other wise.

The point of contention in this case is potentially legal, moral and PR. Like I said bloody minded actions by a few fundies.

To be clear Jews have fundies/fools like every other Creed (see cult definition). This topic is specifically about them. Comparison is a moot argument, a bit like claiming that although I was caught speeding other drivers were too so it's unfair (mitigation argument)...essentially I did the crime so Tough!
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 28 May 2009 11:24:30 AM
The shot was not at you examinator, and was intended to be as cheap as possible.

If we were to extend your analogy (and to turn the tables a little), I read what you are essentially saying is that we should argue that since many people speed, we should change the laws to accomodate them since the laws were probably morally wrong anyway, as evidenced by the number of poeple who ignore them.

In this case, non-compliant clubs under the banner of a common constitution not complying with that constitution.
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 28 May 2009 11:42:22 AM
Dear Easy Times,

I suspect that some of the Maccabi Football Clubs
are going to secede from Maccabi Aust. Incorporated (MAI),
rather then obey the instructions they've been given
to keep their Club membership strictly Jewish.

Frankly, I must admit that I am surprised by this stance,
because sport usually brings people together and crosses
all boundaries. Of course I don't know how large
their non-Jewish membership is around Australia. Perhaps
if their Jewish membership has not increased - they've
decided to make it exclusively Jewish.

I re-read the website that you gave in your opening post,
and there was one comment that got my attention. A poster
said that the Maccabi footballers play under the statutes
of FIFA. Article 3 - Non-Discrimination and Stance against
Racism clearly states that the - discrimination of people
on account of ethnic origin, gender, language, religion,
politics or any other reason is strictly prohibited and
punishable by suspension or expulsion.

I wonder if Maccabi Australia Incorporated (MAI) is aware
of this?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 28 May 2009 6:19:14 PM
Dear Foxy,
I've recently become a member of the 'Macadamia Football Club'.
Not Maccabee - if you see?
The core point is that we do not play football at all.

We fly model aeroplanes instead.
Much more fun and no one gets hurt (except in scrabbling for beers afterwards).

It is much as you have suggested.

My mind does march along to the beat of a different drummer.

I wanted to comment on that other thread of yours - but such a shame, there was no room left.
Then whenever I want to reply to the sad sacks invading my freedom of speech page - I'm disallowed from further comment by the moderator.
I checked out Graham Young. I begin to believe he thinks I'm a Commie.
He may be right. I do not believe that gives him the right to censor my comments.
What says Foxy?
Posted by A NON FARMER, Thursday, 28 May 2009 7:14:21 PM
Dear Non Farmer,

Can I borrow your punctuation mark?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 28 May 2009 7:37:40 PM
LOL Foxy!

I'm wondering how ANF's been censored, given that s/he's still posting nonsense.

On topic, I think that this Maccabi business is a bit of a beat-up. If they only want to play with and compete against other Jews, I imagine that this will be reflected in the inevitable mediocrity that such restricted competition will manifest.

Like all fundies, I say let 'em go for it as long as they keep it to themselves. However, if they want to come and play in the real world such rigid exclusivity would not be accepted. Think of the Maccabi soccer team as the Amish of football.

Who cares? If they want to take their balls (and bats, if they play other games) and play in private, isn't that their loss rather than anybody else's?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 28 May 2009 7:58:22 PM
Bugsy.
What??
What the 'mitigation comment' was about was that regardless of other examples of clubs may be cited . This topic was about Maccabee and as such other clubs alleged discrimination is logically irrelevant.
Much the same as if I got pinged then went to court arguing that others were speeding too...the response would be something like YOU did the crime you do the time.

I was saying that given the 'rules' had been left ignored for so long there is a principal in law that could be argued. i.e. if My neighbour at some time in the past had inadvertently built his fence on my property and I had made no effort to recover then the property claim is deemed to have lapsed. (a bit like statute of limitations)

The second argument could perhaps be that given there wasn't a specific reference forbidding the occasional non-Jewish members and considering that it had been in the interest of the club and didn't prevent the original stated aim...i.e. to yarder yarder benefit Jewish community. It could be further argued that their presence facilitated this aim the directive under common law could be struck down.

The other point was if I the father of a Jewess and I was forbidden to join because I'm not a Jew then it could be argued that my daughter and subject of the constitution was discriminated against and therefore breaching their own constitution.

Do you see my points now? It all depends.

Do I care beyond my theoretical humanistic stance...not really. like CJ said....their loss
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 28 May 2009 8:53:47 PM
Foxy,
Why do you think I'm marketing the exclamation mark?
Posted by A NON FARMER, Thursday, 28 May 2009 11:11:40 PM
Dear Non Farmer,

You started an entire thread on it.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 29 May 2009 5:37:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy