The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Elephant in the Room

The Elephant in the Room

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All
Pericles
1. Our abilities to travel to the space are bigger from the abilities of people to travel to new world before 4-5 centuries, Today the technology and science are moving very fast and tomorrow even faster, WE ARE AT THE VERY BEGIN.
I believe that we will find a way to convert in friendly environments, other planets.
2. For me the main reason (BUT NOT THE ONLY)to create colonies in the space is because this is the only way to stay alive. You know the dinosaurus, they dessapeared many million years before, since then many other kind of aimals dessapeared, for example the hairy elephants desappeared some thousands years before, not of cause the evolusion they desappeared at from one moment to an other.
We had very hot or very cold climate, we had volcanos and erthquoks, we had asteroides and other things to drop from the sky on the earth. All these risks continue to exist plus human activities which play and will continue to play an important role for the future of our planet.
The question is not if the life in the space will be so good as here but in long term if we we have any other choice.
For me it is very important if we plan our steps, our future not only for 1-2 generations but for the next hundrenrs and thousands of years.
We have some kind of brain and we must use it to avoid catastrofic disasters and of cause to improve out condisions.
Human civilization is not at its top, at its end, in really we are at the very begin,if we had to have gods, these gods should come from humans! go to sleep for some thousands of years and return back to see your grand children, mama mia, they are real gods, not like jesus and other face gods.
I forget where there the books with the proficies that your grand children one day will become gods but I am sure about it.
Look at human wings on the sky.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 28 February 2009 8:16:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy