The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is stealing ever justified?

Is stealing ever justified?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
CJ

"While I'm sure that accountants make the best lovers (at least, of themselves)..."

LOL!

Col

The only 'fallen' accountants held up for public scrutiny as you say are the ones caught out.

And their appearance on the public record is much more likely down to the efforts of their victims and of investigative journalists, than it is to the in-house putting-up of the hand that you're claiming.
Posted by Bronwyn, Thursday, 12 February 2009 12:41:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Who are the best lovers - according to their professions?
Sorry Pelly, we're off track again on your thread ...
But I can't resist... this is the last,
and then I'm out of here.

Accountants - Go by the book.
(although they'd know the score).

Architects - Are known for their 'erections.'
(my apologies - bad taste, I know).

Counselors - Good listeners - caring.
(Great potential).

Doctors - Some lack good 'bedside'
manners. But their technique should be allright.

Lawyers - Probably too judgemental.

Sportsmen - Hmmm, - probably have the stamina,
but maybe too physical.

I guess, the counselors - get my vote. :)

Happy Valentine's Day to One and All!
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 12 February 2009 9:48:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy

You're obviously getting a bit distracted, what with Valentine's Day coming up and all. We do understand.

Being such a nice person, not to mention an irrepressible flirt, you're bound to receive lots of red flowers and chocolates. The accolades from all your admirers on OLO will no doubt soon be rolling in! Even a certain accountant, who openly professes his adoration for another woman, will I imagine soon be doing his level best to make you blush - yet again! (BTW, I wonder if he tries that on with his beloved Maggie too!) :)

And being a total grump myself of course, I'm thoroughly envious!

So, yes, we know your anticipation levels are at fever pitch, Foxy, but please do try and keep your mind focused on sensible debate, if you can! :)

BTW, I'm curious, did you find the above list? You're always ferreting out these little gems on the net. Or did you create this one yourself? - which again is quite possible, going by some of the fine poetical efforts we've seen from you in the past.
Posted by Bronwyn, Thursday, 12 February 2009 12:48:41 PM
Dear Bronwyn,

Thanks for all your compliments - but my real life
is not all that glamourous. And as for 'Valentine's
Day,' the only people I'll be buying things for are
my two mums (my mum, and my mother-in-law). One has
dementia, the other alzheimers. But, it's just a
gesture to bring smiles to their faces.

The list of "lovers by professions," I made up.
It was my attempt at humour - but
I got a bit carried away, so my apologies.

Anyway, an uber-gorgeous female like yourself has no
reason to be envious of anyone. I seem to recall quite
a few flirtations of your own, 'Mistress Bronwyn.' :)
And, you're a far more talented poster then I'll ever be.

I'm the one who's envious of you.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 12 February 2009 6:16:32 PM
Bronwyn "And their appearance on the public record is much more likely down to the efforts of their victims and of investigative journalists, than it is to the in-house putting-up of the hand that you're claiming."

Well maybe it is that I am involved in the profession and talk from the basis of knowledge rather than ignorance

OR equally likely

I project my values and standards onto the process and you, likewise project your values and standards into the process

Either explanation works for me... and says something about you too
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 13 February 2009 6:03:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy