The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia Day - what does it mean to you?

Australia Day - what does it mean to you?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All
YAWN! how droll.
Posted by Rainier, Wednesday, 28 January 2009 12:52:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just a bit of a different thought towards this issue:
A couple of months back my wife and I flew to Frankfurt, Germany.
At our arrival we were asked no questions whatshowever, we didn't need to fill in any written documentary of private information and we didn't even need to open our suitcases. We even have been welcomed there.
Coming back to our luckiest country, we were reminded straight away to fill out the incoming passenger card, asking around 30 different questions, after queeing our lagguage was taken apart by our friendly custom staff and once we left the airport in Perth, we were advised
that for legal and safety reason we have to walk around the building to await a cab there. A welcome back home was completely missing!
Is there a chance that I do get something wrong here? Where has the Aussie spirit gone? Maybe we have to focus more on a together again with a fair go for others instead of trying to become the second best after the US (of course),
cheers Michael
Posted by m2catter, Friday, 30 January 2009 11:01:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Meredith,
What'wrong with my green hair? :-o
No one was dictating anything I was just rephrasing what you said because it was literally different from what you meant. Likewise I was clarifying your comment so that we both understand.
No insult meant...Sorry.
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 31 January 2009 4:40:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy