The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > On being fat

On being fat

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Steven,
Great subject, good info. Going back to your post of NS's co2 footprint of food production. It raises some scary/depressing topics:
• Particularly given at these levels we aren’t feeding everyone on the planet adequately.
• World food production is currently sufficient to sufficient nourishment for every one. The problems are distribution and not ‘profitable’ enough to do so.
• Consider the amounts of food left to rot or deliberately destroyed to keep the price high enough to make it profitable.
• Then there’s the case of who pays for those who can’t.
• The CO2/methane from the destruction of the unprofitable food.
• How much more CO2 will be necessary to actually feed everyone.
• It adds impetus to Ludwig’s call for population control.
Back to the issue at hand being fat. There are many factors to WHY people are overweight and obese and therefore generally speaking it isn’t simply a matter of going on a diet and more exercise, it’s a complete cultural change that is needed.
The above figures and the consequential points have NOW have made me view MY lifestyle differently…not just to lose weight but to change my view of food consumption. No I don’t mean two celery sticks for lunch or a life without enjoying food. I mean all the excessive extras in the fridge. The food that spoils because we buy/cook more than we need….eliminate the leftovers at the source.
Bon appetite?
Cheers
examinator (small 'e' for the smaller footprinted me):-)
Posted by examinator, Tuesday, 20 January 2009 8:51:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I found the VERY first post here about fat cells the most interesting thing of all. It makes sense.

I hadn't quite read all the posts when I felt this 'bursting need' to put in a post. Argghhh. Whenever I read the word diet or in Foxy's case about considering delivery of 'special food' to the door for hubby's weight loss, well, I cringe.

It IS LIFE STYLE. No diets work unless it is a lifestyle change. When I here someone doing a specific diet, I immediately say, 'Are you on this for life'??

You see no one can eat a 'no carb' diet FOR LIFE.
No one can have the CRSRO or whatever the acronym is, for life.
No one does weight watchers, jenny craigs or those masses of other
diets all there lives.

It isn't food only; it is about MOVING the body. Start walking.
It is easy input has to be LESS THAN output.

When people diet, the body thinks 'uh ole', you're trying to starve me so I'll slow down my metabolism.
It is better...I mean FAR BETTER to eat a little and eat often. This keeps the body thinking it is fed and not over fed, the blood sugars remain more constant and you don't go into starvation mode.

Get it moving more - the body (have to move more with age).
Eat smaller portions and eat SLOWLY. The brain takes 20 mins to register you are full. Eat 3/4 of your plate that comes directly from the ground. Drink LOTS of water. If feeling hungry, drink water FIRST. The body is often thirsty; dehydration makes you feel hungry too.
Don't eat foods man has tampered with and you can't go wrong.

A little and often and NEVER skip breakfast. Eating breaks the overnight fast.

There is no such thing as a diet. Overweight people make excuses
when all they need to do is change the size of their plate and begin
to move the body more, slowly but surely.
It will work.
Posted by Cakers, Friday, 6 February 2009 8:58:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy