The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Would you marry you?

Would you marry you?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Aha Yabby, I see an other general thread that you and I could get embroiled in until the cows come home – something like; when is a big profit margin ethical and to be respected as good business acumen and when does it become rip-off merchantry? (:>)

“We'd sell him one, when we brought out the 2$ shop version :)”

I reckon you should GIVE me one after I have brought out your supply of 2$ one-bang wonders!!
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 30 December 2008 9:16:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is never a good thing to navel gaze and put ourselves down. It is better to be outward looking and focused on being kind and thoughtful and loving to our families, spouse, friends and community- then let them be, in freedom, to be drawn to us or not.
Best to start with the fact that God loves us first and died for us in Christ, whilst we were still in our sins. Be thankful and offer up oour struggles and daily sacrifices by uniting them to the one supreme sacrifice of the Cross. The merits can most effectively be applied to us daily, if we desire, through the Holy Mass- where the one sacrifce of Calvary- becomes present- until He (Christ) comes again on the Last Day.
Posted by Webby, Tuesday, 30 December 2008 12:05:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*when is a big profit margin ethical and to be respected as good business acumen and when does it become rip-off merchantry? (:>)*

Ah Ludwig, that is why globalisation is so important. It takes
away the monopoly powers of those who hide behind tariffs to
screw the consumer.

I bought an infrared thermometer the other day. They cost
380$ from the local importer, 160$ for the same model direct
from Hong Kong and the Chinese copy costs $39.99. We'll see how
good it is, when it arrives.

Those realdolls actually involve quite a bit of technology and
labour, in particular to construct the frames so that each
joint works as naturally as possible. They have kind of created
the rolls royce version and amazingly there are heaps of single
males out there with high disposable income, prepared to spend
the money. Over here in the West we have a huge mining industry
with guys making heaps of dough. I reckon I could flog those
girls off to them quite easiy.

For what you sound like you are prepared to spend, we'll
send you the blow up version :) Mind you, you'll get what
you pay for.

I love water beds and a good waterbed mattress is not cheap.
A friend of mine bought a cheapy from Hong Kong and just when
him and the missus were going at it full pelt, the seam split
open and they landed in the water. They were not very happy
but they got what they paid for :)
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 30 December 2008 1:37:16 PM
Probably never a good idea to marry someone exactly like ourselves. How boring? Wouldn't the best relationships be a blend of ingredients that provide interest and respect in both its variation and similarity.

I remember being attracted to a young lad when I was at school - and could he kiss? There was an amazing chemical and pyhsical attraction but at the end of the day we did not have much in common on an intellectual level and that is the most stimulating of all even when ideologically you might not always agree.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 31 December 2008 10:32:42 AM
Hold on Yabby, you bought an infrared thermometer, but you'll see how good it is when it arrives?!

Don't you need to have a pretty good idea of how good it is before you purchase it, especially with three options (for two models [and different warranties for the two options of the same model?]) that are priced very differently, and presumably but not necessarily of very different quality.

You have bought the most expensive one, yes? This is a WHOLE lot more expensive than the other one. I'd have to be pretty convinced that the quality matched the high price.

D'Oh, I'm hijacking my own thread here!

Gee, I'd better write something related to the topic or else I might feel the need to email Graham and ask him to suspend me for breaking the forum rules (:> |

"Probably never a good idea to marry someone exactly like ourselves. How boring?"

Yair I dunno Pelican. I'd like to meet someone who is very much like me. I reckon knocking around the bush with a partner who has the same fascination with plants, bird, rocks, landscapes, ecology, photograhpy, etc ...and a similar warped sense of humour...would be just.... blisssssssss ( :>)
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 31 December 2008 12:29:02 PM
No no Ludwig, I bought the cheapy for 39.99! In electronics, the
parts cost a few cents, so we'll see how good it is. We'll test
it here against a good one. If its no good, at that price I can
sling it in the bin.

As to the points that you and Pelican raised, I guess the first
thing is that one needs to want similar things in life. I tend to
prefer bush life, whilst most women with careers are city based.
Now if you have ever seen a city girl hating living in the country,
they are not happy little vegemites at all, so its rather pointless.

I think it also becomes easier if its not all just based on instictive
attraction, although that is lots of fun indeed for a while :)

I call it being on a similar mental frequency. That leads to
amazing communication about just about anything. I tend to
click with biologists and similar. If they start to talk about
their religion, or their new age beliefs in crystals etc, I run
for the hills :)
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 31 December 2008 2:04:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy