The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why I limit my time here...

Why I limit my time here...

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I'm a realist, of sorts. I infer the statement in the title 'you'll all miss me if I'm NOT here' with the fore-knowledge that my presence here will be missed like a flesh-wound on the equator - geographical, not metaphorical. Well, one in the groin region would be most unwelcome as well, but I'm more thinking in the lines of infections and stuff...

But I digress.

I made the statement to GrahamY a few months back regarding censorship of a post - or comment - I made saying this place was full of elderly cat-fish (or something), meaning that many here were bottom feeding on the the most BASIC of discussions that is, in reality, lightly veiled bigotry.

I make the following statement KNOWING this will begin ANOTHER stagnant thread of bile inducing rants.

Without religion, Atheism wouldn't exist, people.

You have the right to believe what you will. This forum IS a place where you can voice your beliefs, both pro-religion, or anti-religion (it seems, by the content), but speaking for myself I'm over the endless vitriol from both sides.

There are many other forums that accommodate that sort of thing all over the web. Please, if you want this forum to thrive like it deserves how about we police ourselves in a mature manner over the content we display?.

Debate topics, but ENOUGH of the religious/anti-religious stuff. It makes me not want to contribute to this forum.
Posted by StG, Monday, 8 December 2008 10:25:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The God talk will never go away StG.

Its here on the earth from before we are born...and as soon as we can understand....we become part of the God talk.

God keeps it alive as He points constantly by His Spirit to the Saviour of all mankind...Jesus Christ His Son.

It will never go away.
The christian believers likewise, Word of God in hand, keep the God talk alive.

Soon the Returning King...Jesus.
Posted by Gibo, Monday, 8 December 2008 2:52:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
QED
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 8 December 2008 2:55:34 PM
StG> "Debate topics, but ENOUGH of the religious/anti-religious stuff. It makes me not want to contribute to this forum."

I think there should be ENOUGH of politically correct "vitriol" like yours.

Point me to one anti-religious "vitriol" and I can point you to a dozen, or one hundred "vitriol" of people like runner and Gibo.
Posted by Steel, Monday, 8 December 2008 3:10:57 PM
ME?, PC?....roflmao. Graham frequently censors me. He's saved Gibo, David (religious version) and a few others from me. Funny thing is, I'm a Christian, as well.

I've been a Christian longer than Gibo...go figure. I think he's begging for redemption tho.

...and of course, Gibo pops up as the first reply spreading his version of the truth.

QED, indeed.

I'm not getting into who did what. We all know the content of this joint and the TYPICAL rubbish that pours from the heads onto the keyboard of many.

This place is dominated by a handful of bigots.
Posted by StG, Monday, 8 December 2008 3:41:54 PM
The problem I had with your comment was the way you described anti-religious commentary on here. It's not comparable in any way as could be demonstrated by simple post count and analysis of the content of each post. It's a common PC conversational 'device' to give two sides of one argument, equal weight (when they do not), and dismiss them both out of hand. It's manipulative and deceitful. As I said I could easily prove this with a count summary of posts and simple analysis of each comment.
Posted by Steel, Monday, 8 December 2008 3:58:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy