The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Fuel Fiasco

The Fuel Fiasco

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I made an impromptu visit to Bundaberg yesterday and noted that ULP was selling at all the Fuel Outlets for $1.49/9 cpl.

Two weeks ago it was selling for $1.43/9 cpl

Oil on the world spot price market yesterday was $102 pb and is gradually sliding downwards, but the price to us "suckers" is gradually increasing again!

My brother who lives in Maryborough (Country Victoria) tells me that ULP was selling there for $1.43/9 cpl.

The BIG questions I ask is where has the supposed 8 cpl Queensland State Government Fuel Subsidy disappeared to?

Why are both the Queensland State Governments and the Federal Governments maintaining the deafening silence about this quite obvious monstrous rort that is continuing ad ifinitum?

If an individual were to operate a scam like this one, the authorities would slam him through the Courts and throw away the key, but these "guardians of society" continue unabatedly rorting the people and laughing with comtempt as they fill their already overladen coffers with their ill-gotten gains, aiding and abetting robbery by political stealth!

We have had enough of this blatant dishonesty!
Posted by Cuphandle, Friday, 12 September 2008 8:17:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My V8 Land Rover was guzzling 25 litres per 100 kms. I paid $4000 to put it on dual fuel and got the $2,000 grant for doing the conversion. The installers completely retuned the engine on a dyno with amazing results.

The vehicle now uses 19 litres of LP Gas [pwer 100 kms on the highway. It uses less LP Gas now than it did petrol.

Last week I travelled 320 kms from Sale to Orbost and return and used 60.2 litres of LP Gas.

What is petrol?
Posted by phoenix94, Friday, 12 September 2008 12:53:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cuphandle,
Oil came down, but so did the Australian dollar by almost
20% so that is why there is not much difference.

Use it while it is cheap.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 12 September 2008 4:24:04 PM
Sorry cuphandle but the subsidy was removed by the government.
The northern part of NSW got it too but I am unsure if they lost it.
The poster talking of LPG has got it right, it is our very best short term answer to fuel prices and oil shortages.
Not 100% right now, smashed my work car this morning its replacement is from our fleet 670.000 klm on the clock factory fitted LPG.
No work ever done on the engine.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 12 September 2008 4:50:03 PM
When the price of petrol goes up, so do all the groceries and everything else that requires freighting, but those prices don't come down again when petrol comes down. So the cost to the community when petrol goes up all the time is not just at the bowser.
Posted by sharkfin, Saturday, 13 September 2008 11:36:56 PM
There's been a big shift away from the heavy 4wd's lately. Theres a lot of women getting around with scarves wrapped around their head, whilst driving the miny minors around. I suggest they get used of it, ya not gunna see petrol prices below an acceptable level again.
Posted by jason60, Sunday, 14 September 2008 4:59:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy