The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Barefoot and pregnant? Wipe that smile off your face!

Barefoot and pregnant? Wipe that smile off your face!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
HOORAY.. US has finally 'found the truth' :)

yes girls.. back to the Kitchen it is for you.. with those bulging bellies full of arms and legs...

Or.. putting it much better.....

Females.. the bearers and primary nurturers of offspring..those beloved and cherished partners in the huge challenge of life, can find wonderful fulfilment as a complementary part of that process..in roles best suited for their physiology.

Why do most women want to be home with the children?

Perhaps it is the extremely fulfilling world of the ladies networks.. mutual help.. encouragement.. friendship and love that they find there, without the stress of 'boss approval' at work.. or.. striving to smash through that glass ceiling simply because some misguided marxist lesbian feminazi told them they should!

Now we just have to get the blokes to recognize that the gals side of things is not just 'for them'...but for the whole family, community and state.
Posted by Polycarp, Wednesday, 27 August 2008 9:36:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sharkfin “You and a lot like you bask in the benefits of having a huge supporting community”

Ya-de-ya-da-ya-da,

oooochi cooochi

who gives a rats.

“Doctors and nurses to care for you for example, when you have need of them.”

Who are paid to care, whilst they may enjoy their work, no doctor or nurse does it for FREE.

Add to that list plumbers who clear out the drains when they are backed up

Car assembly workers who build the cars I drive around in

Mechanics who fix my car when it is sick.

And they all get paid for their efforts

Me too, want to use my time, get in line and have a mortgage deed ready.

“We are an aging population Col”

So what, life goes on, Thelma and Louise had a better option than crawling into one of Gods waiting rooms and taking up bed space.

Country Gal my point is: a job is a job, not a right and not some ordained stepping stone for employees to take as an entitlement. A job is a negotiated arrangement in which both parties to the arrangement decide what is acceptable to them and if it is not, the employer as well as the employee has the right to say “No”.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 27 August 2008 9:55:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nah Boazy, I reckon poor old US is still working through his unresolved mother fixation.

What's your excuse? Mind you, it wouldn't surprise me if your own insecurity about gender roles had some kind of Oedipal etiology too.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 27 August 2008 9:57:28 AM
You're talking here about first wave feminism. Second wave feminism argued that women should be able to either raise their kids at home without being penalised for it, or have access to quality childcare. Either way, the point is that women shouldn't have to make either/or decisions just because of their biology.
Posted by chainsmoker, Wednesday, 27 August 2008 10:06:09 AM
chainsmoker,

'the point is that women shouldn't have to make either/or decisions just because of their biology.'

That's rubbish. Choice is good, it's a bit much to attempt to turn around this positive into a negative.

In fact, women have a lot more choice than men. Men often earn more than their partners as women like to marry up, so economically the family will be better off if the man works full time. Since the woman carries the baby for nine months, and often breast feeds, the starting default position is the woman at home. Then the woman decides whether she will go bcak to work, and after that choice, if the family can afford it, the men might get an opportunity to stay home. Part time work is more accepted for mothers than fathers also.

A woman's biology is only a factor for the first six months to a year, and that's only if they're a religious breast feeder, and they have protection where their employer leaves a job open for them.

Lets face it, women have a hell of a lot of choices, more than men, yet we still hear the feminist bleating about women not being able to have their cake and eat it too, whilst claiming all the women who choose to stay home is somehow evidence of discrimination.
Posted by Usual Suspect, Wednesday, 27 August 2008 10:40:08 AM
US, there is no doubt that some of those that advocate choice can and do use the mothers that CHOOSE to stay at home as evidence that choice is not available. And I agree with you that men should have the same choices open to them.

I also agree that the startng position is woman at home. This is not because she is pregnant, but because of recovery from childbirth (yes one flows from the other, but one is much more taxing than the other). HOwever, there you lose me. There are plenty of women who dont get the choice about staying home, at least not fulltime. The family economic situation simply dictates that both parents must work to support their offspring. In fact having women stay at home is a middle-class benefit anyway, that only became the norm in the last century - women of the working classes have often had to work to bring in enough income simply to survive, particularly before widespread welfare.
Posted by Country Gal, Wednesday, 27 August 2008 12:16:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy