The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Skimpy Clothes and Shallow marriages.

Skimpy Clothes and Shallow marriages.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Mr carp! Being a member of the Ned Flanders club must be a lonely place to say the least, but this is the world today. You cant change it my friend, all you can do is go with the flow.
The destiny of man can only be left to the imagination, but try not to worry too much, they can make their own decisions now, the gun barrel of god is no longer effective and targets have gotten smarter.

I don't know what the church is going to do about the sudden drop in credibility, I guess the old order will just past away.

May religion rest in peace.

Amen!

EVO
Posted by EVO, Wednesday, 13 August 2008 9:50:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Polycarp,
I agree with Robert and Ludwig on this and do not see any connection between scanty clothing and shallow marriages.

The more common skin exposure is the less sexually exciting it is.

In those societies where women normally go top naked, people cannot understand why we find breasts sexual. They simply view breasts for what they were meant for, same as a hand or foot. Just another body part.

But where women are fully covered as in a burka, an accidental flash of an ankle is considered sexy and a women in western dress is termed a slut.

In relation to shallow marriages. The first attraction between a man and a woman is usually physical and women dress to attract males. Contrary to practicality for warmth or protection, High heels are worn because it enhances womens legs and behind. Breast cleavage is displayed because we find breasts attractive. Lipstick and makeup is used to enhance looks. Tight fitting clothes also shows the female figure.

I think that a couple living together in a casual relationship is a good idea before commiting to a permanent marriage. There is no better way of getting to know each other than living together. Mind you I think that fidelity is very important in a relationship.

Rather than concentrate on sexual morality of unattached people, we should give more attention to responsibility, honesty and integrity and instill these as moral values.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 14 August 2008 10:43:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well said Banjo.
Posted by Country Gal, Thursday, 14 August 2008 12:53:44 PM
Foxy

I don't know whether you deliberately misquoted me but I never said little girls were sluts. I wrote some mothers dress them as such. From an early age they are being taught that their value is in their sex appeal rather than being allowed to be kids. Surely you can see that.

I am also fully aware that the evil is resident in each person. Men can't blame women for their actions. Women however should have half a brain in knowing what turns men on. I noticed some more UN workers in India getting into paedophille. Not much news though as they aren't clergy. Somehow the left don't get to angry about artist and UN workers ruining lives because they find it hard to see how impure man is (unless of course they are religous).
Posted by runner, Thursday, 14 August 2008 1:46:09 PM
It's revealing to note that not even one person has mentioned that women have sexual desires. It's "assumed" that it's the men who sexually desire the women. Therefore, whatever side of the debate you're on, you're debating from a false premise.

You all sound terribly, terribly old fashioned and Victorian.
Posted by samsung, Thursday, 14 August 2008 2:24:32 PM
Samsung, I didn't use that phrasing but in my initial post on this thread I asked the question "Is a buffed male that much different?"

That might not be quite what you are looking for but it should count for something. The intent was there even if I did not elaborate.

I hold the view that there are all sorts of things apart from the deep values and interests of a person which might attract us initially, the physical is one of them but not the only one.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 14 August 2008 2:53:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy