The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Colin Barnet and Peter Costello Leading Us To Victory

Colin Barnet and Peter Costello Leading Us To Victory

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Colin Barnet and Peter Costello Leading Us To Victory.
Everything is looking great now for our Liberal Party. Brendan has gone abroad and when he returns he will stand aside for the greatest Treasurer this Country has ever had to fill John Howards Shoes. We now have Colin Barnet as Leader of the West Australian Liberals who will be the next Premier of Western Australia I have no doubt. He had great success with Richard Court and Graham Kiereth bringing the WA Unions into line which was the embryo of work Choice the third Wave. Workplace Agreements we will have to bring them back in Western Australia. Also we must have Uranium Mining and Copy what South Australia are doing Mike Rann has vision on this issue. Uranium Mining will make Western Australia wealthy we can sell to China and India and Pakistan to help them overcome Global Warming. We can sell our Gas Fields to China and privatise Transperth. Colin Privatised Gas he has to Privatise all electric and Water together with the Railways. The Hospital will have to be Privatised too as they are a drain on the taxpayer. The Wealth from Uranium Mining will pay for Gas and Water to be piped from the Kimberly to Perth. These are the sites that we have our eyes on when we win the next election http://www.uic.com.au/pmine.htm
Colin Barnet and Peter Costello Leading Us To Victory this will be the most exciting time in australian Conservative History.
Posted by Julie Vickers, Thursday, 7 August 2008 9:59:06 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another great effort to gain the wooden spoon award for this year.
Well done is JV Kim? I think that is a brand of humor I have heard before.
Even with fuel food drought and more the chances of a conservative revival any time soon are non existent.
Costello? just maybe Howard has been right about the bloke, surely he should have grown a backbone years ago.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 8 August 2008 8:09:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peter Costello has more backbone than any armchair critic sitting in front of a computer screen typing furiously. He lacks...... yes, but lacks "backbone"? Not a chance in a million.

In my opinion, Peter Costello is unsuitable for leading our party because of his inability to garner public confidence. He just doesn't have the personal ability to do that, unfortunately. The other possible leadership contenders will need 4 years or more to prove their abilities, gain experience and engage in the all important lengthy public relations campaigns necessary for success. I can't see us winning the next election at all....after that election we will then put in the final processes necessary for eventual victory. Unfortunately for us, Kevin Rudd is a magnificent performer on the floor of the house, and "currently" we have nobody capable of countering this. But with "experience gained" it will be a VERY different story eventually, as we have some superb potential leadership candidates patiently waiting in the "wings".
Posted by philips, Friday, 8 August 2008 12:18:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Costello told his supporters he would not
"seek or accept" the Liberal Party leadership
on the night the Australian public dumped the
Howard government.

Since then he's been mute, leaving others to
speculate about his future.

I saw a cartoon in a local paper that had
Costello saying, "I'll decide my future
when I finish my book." With Nelson,
standing next to Costello repeating,
"He'll decide my future when he finishes his book."

The Liberal Party winning the next election with
Costello at the helm?

That's about as likely as Costello joining Abbot,
and touring the country as a comedy duo.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 8 August 2008 1:58:16 PM
Julie Vickers has to be doing PR for the ALP. There's no other plausible explanation.
Posted by chainsmoker, Friday, 8 August 2008 2:33:50 PM
Chainsmoker, I concur.

Real life is rarely that funny.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Friday, 8 August 2008 2:50:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy