The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Age of Rage

The Age of Rage

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Hi everyone,

The Insight program on SBS Television is a national forum discussion program that goes to air every Tuesday night at 7.30pm. Jenny Brockie is the presenter.

We are producing a program on the subject of modern day rage and would like to hear from anyone with an interesting story to tell about dealing with either their own or someone else's anger.

This could be a story involving a passive aggressive colleague or partner, a road rage incident, a sports rage incident, an anger management course or where rage has been channeled constructively in the pursuit of social justice.

If you have any thoughts on this subject please email Associate Producer Claire Absolum at claire.absolum@sbs.com.au with a few sentences about yourself and some contact details.

The show will be recorded on the 1st of September in Sydney. SBS will cover the cost of travel.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Claire
Posted by cabsolum, Tuesday, 29 July 2008 1:55:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You should do a program on the death of liberty under our twin conservative governments. There are far more improtant issues than random acts of rage, which is simply an emotion.
Posted by Steel, Tuesday, 29 July 2008 5:20:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suspect much of the rage we witness nowadays is as a result of the continual assault by the "big two" on our individual liberties and consequent feeling of disempowerment and impotency.
Posted by kulu, Tuesday, 29 July 2008 7:22:34 PM
Interesting.

Steel - with the greatest respect, I've noticed from your frequent posts to OLO that you often seem to be very angry. While that may be "simply an emotion" to you, it often detracts from the points you are trying to make, because they are obscured by the emotional language you use.

For example, while I agree with much of what you say with respect to the Henson/Olympia debate, you lose me completely when you resort to simply attacking people who disagree with you. As I recall, you've claimed that your expressions of rage are legitimate, but it seems to me that they alienate more people than you persuade.

If this is a discursive strategy you use in real life, surely you've noticed that it doesn't achieve much in the way of positive results?

Ms Absolum: looks like an interesting program, but I haven't got anything to contribute, I'm afraid.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 29 July 2008 7:45:46 PM
All this "anger" stems from parents either not wanting to & not being permitted to dish out discipline at children at a young age when a well-placed slap prevents this kind of "anger" developing in the first place.
The "gimme, gimme" mentality (incidentally also dreamed up by academic "experts" has a lot to do with this indiscipline disguised as "anger". All of these problems are a direct consequence of a situation caused by ignorant "sociological experts" imposing their own mindless idealist views on normal peoples' daily life. Why don't journalists go around digging up some of these sociologists' recommendations from 30 years ago & expose them to let today's generation realize the root of it's problem. You never know it just might help them to steer into a more sensible direction.
Even by watching Jenny Brockie it becomes painfully clear hat even she always gives more credence to her "academic experts" on insight rather than people who know.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 30 July 2008 7:44:33 AM
"All his days he (man) eats in darkness, with great frustration, afflction and anger"...Ecclesiastes 5:17.

Its the man condition the Holy Bible tells me.

Add to it a very fast moving age, advertising agencies who temp with all of the lustful pleasures of life, which few can obtain, add drugs like caffeine and there it is... RAGE.

To lower the rage factor they might likewise ban coca-cola etc and coffee and work steadfastly to give people hope.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 30 July 2008 7:49:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy