The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dennis Ferguson and the mob

Dennis Ferguson and the mob

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
You assassinate your own character, runner.
Posted by Steel, Thursday, 10 July 2008 2:14:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey guys,
The guy with the noose is one of my best mates he's 18 and lives five houses away from Ferguson's new residence. We have been there everynight and will continue to be there everynight till he is gone. And to be honest none of us care if we get arrested in order to get our point across, at the end of the day we are protecting our friends and family from this scum who has reoffended before so don't start with statistics about percentages of offenders who reoffend cause this scum has done it.

If he's a free man and has no charges pending as such and has done his time blah blah blah why the hell is he getting all this assistance (housing, food, support groups to his house, etc...) when people who commit theft and lesser crimes leave prison with barely bus money to get home and no support afterwards, why don't they get a house and food and everything.... At the end of the day they say he will be homeless unless they support him, oh well big whoop theres homeless people out there that have done nothing wrong and they aren't getting anywhere near $1000 a day spent on them they barely get a hot meal each day.... I say put him on the streets and let him fend for himself..
Posted by toppa, Thursday, 10 July 2008 2:40:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suspect that there may be a paedophile or two feeling relieved that Ferguson is drawing all that attention to himself and away from them.

It's the ones who haven't been identified yet that you should be concerned about - not the ones who are under intense scrutiny.

It would be ironic (although not impossible) for there to be one among the protesting mob itself. What better place to hide?
Posted by wobbles, Thursday, 10 July 2008 2:56:06 PM
My dear Greg Barns

What sort of signal are you hoping to convey to readers? Why have you resorted to such hyperbole? You sound like a very black pot to me:

"Murder?" "lynch mob?" "serious assault?" "hangman's rope?" "ignorance and prejudice?"

There has been no murder, no lynchings, no serious assault, no hangman's rope, no ignorance and prejudice, only large crowds of rowdy protestors who live in fear for their children.

And the only violence I've witnessed to date was perpetrated by Fergusson (that camera must have cost a pretty penny.)

Historically, it is the paedophile who is notorious for torturing and murdering his victims.

Why do you place the leper's bell around the throats of the innocent?

Your exaggerations will do little to appease community outrage and could potentially incite further unrest.

"And what are these facts?"

Again, these facts are not applicable to Fergusson. Fergusson was molesting children long before the public knew his name. He is a recidivist child molester. He does not require any encouragement from the public to strike again.

I am not beyond experiencing a few fleeting moments of pity for this wretched man who is now being hounded, however, the public are sending a clear message that they will no longer tolerate child abusers living in close proximity to their children.

Some claim that the media beat-up and the vigilantes have ruined Fergusson's chances of a fair trial over the latest sexual abuse allegations. I understood that these days, one can choose not to be heard by jury but rather a judge or a panel of judges. If this is correct, one must ask: "Who's really doing the beat-up?"
Posted by dickie, Thursday, 10 July 2008 3:09:14 PM
Recognising satire isn't your strong point is it toppa?
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 10 July 2008 4:58:22 PM
Settle Bugsy

The rule of law IS being upheld, as it should.

A man who allegedly threatened to harm Dennis Fergusson has been charged by police.

The 29-year-old man allegedly told officers that he would hurt Mr Fergusson during a phone call.

He will face Beenleigh Magistrates Court on July 29.

Dennis Fergusson is also suing an Ipswich grandfather who led a vigilante group that chased him out of town in 2005. The grandfather is serving a six-month suspended jail sentence after being found guilty of threatening Fergusson when he moved to Ipswich.

Civil rights' advocates claim that all this publicity will hinder Fergusson's success in rehabilitation. But Fergusson has been adamant that he doesn't need rehabilitating because he's innocent and he categorically refused it during his fourteen years in gaol.

By the way Bugsy, I heard that Fergusson kicked a cameramen from Channel Nine and the ABC and grabbed a Herald photographer? Do you know if he's been charged with assault?

Police have advised they are well aware of the community reaction to Dennis Fergusson but acknowledge people are allowed to voice their concerns.

Whew....that's a relief. Freedom of speech and public rallies are still permitted in Australia.

Now the only issue outstanding is where to put the outraged Fergusson - out of harm's way. Hmmm...or should that be the other way 'round?
Posted by dickie, Thursday, 10 July 2008 5:09:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All