The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Political Party

Political Party

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Your views on long-term balance between all things human… and our environment, life-supporting and lifestyle-supporting resources of all sorts. In other words, your policy on sustainability.

my veiws that are regarding to this are;
logging and employment, if we cut logging then we have unemployment, this will then impact on communities.
remember i believe that this can be balanced and if we promote growth in the tree growing business that will also create more oppertunities plus remove from native bush.

If with anything enviromental this does have to be sustainable and not create harm within the system even though we do use a large amount of resourses so this does have to be debated.This is due to the economics but as long as we can do both and keep the balance at the same time then this can be done.
As with what is happening its either no or when its yes its to much and takes way to long.
Posted by tapp, Thursday, 26 October 2006 9:56:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh

My first thoughts were cynical too.

But let’s face it, we do DESPERATELY need a change in political direction.

So I offer encouragement, and I will view it optimistically….until I have a good reason not to.
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 26 October 2006 9:57:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear tapp,

You are indeed a brave soul.

I often read the posts here, and the comments in the "old media" .... and then supress the urge to act. Why? Because I think my individual efforts are meaningless....

This country lacks leadership (yes I know it's a tired old phrase) and foresight (now there's a new one !). This country has no PLAN for the future - but plenty of knee-jerk reactions to the vox pop, with an eagle -eye on the next election.

Oh well..... Is it worth a try? Probably. However, never underestimate the stupidity of the Australian people !

Good luck ! (I may e-mail you later)
Posted by Iluvatar, Friday, 27 October 2006 11:23:30 AM
Yes i do agree and also about the optimism regarding this as i have got a lot thinking it is a bit of a joke and then talking about their narrow minded party where as this encumpusses all.
also if anybody wishes to email me i am quite happy to send out stuff, no probs.Oh by the way i dont bite.

Remember this is grass roots about the people and the future of australia, which is no 1 on the list then we worry about outside issues.

Also i am quite happy for any help on issues.

email:swulrich@bigpond.net.au
Posted by tapp, Friday, 27 October 2006 4:18:08 PM
a political party is a group which, if it acted in the commercial sphere, would be called a"stand-over gang". we don't need more of them.

what australia needs is 'democracy': a society ruled by it's members. when major law and policy is set by citizen initiated referendum, those laws and policies will benefit the majority of the electorate, and will not be set by the bandits in suits who style themselves politicians.

unfortunately, australia has inherited the mind-set of submission to the rule of others which permeates 'english' society. consequently, when unhappy with unfair rulers, the only solution they can imagine is different, 'fair', rulers.

there are no fair rulers. the processes of politics are the struggle for power, wealth, and prestige of people who should not have power over a dog, much less a nation.

can australians liberate themselves from a lifetime of conditioning to leave politics to the 'experts'? i think not.

however, the ever more visible ecological catastrophes coming upon us will stimulate imaginations to a degree not previously seen in australia, and the imminent die-back of the not-wealthy, not-well connected, majority might cause the 'democracy' penny to drop, just maybe.
Posted by DEMOS, Monday, 30 October 2006 6:33:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Absolutely right DEMOS.
Even though I am a "new" Australian (4 37 yrs or so) I have seen parties come and go in that time. It is time for pressing the button "refresh".
It is hard to think of a system which would have the support of the people of this country, mainly I think because of this lacks attitude and feeling "what can I do on my own?" People don't trust pollies.
Rightly so. Many people have tried to communicate great ideas to them and gotten nowhere, not even a reply. For example: I am dead against fluorisation of our precious drinking (tap) water which is the same stuff they gave the ww2 russian prisoners and jews to keep them calm and is in fact mass-medication.Before 1969 I had already ingested about 16 years of it and now here add another 28yrs, and I have falsies? Do I need to lose my thyroid as well? Do you think that our pollies take it upon themselves to check the well known research? For petes sake why can't these foreign agents who still take their oath with the queen's blessing wake up to themselves and start to write a true australian constitution with the support from "the people"? The Queen does not want to know us, as all ties were cut long ago. You think an uprising is due very soon? I think so. Eureka revisited, it will be.I thought Australians did learn something there...apparently not! What are your thoughts on this, "forum?"
Posted by eftfnc, Monday, 30 October 2006 11:45:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy