The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Seditious movements and 'hate' speech.

Seditious movements and 'hate' speech.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Your illustration would seem to support my contention rather than yours, Boaz.

>>I can just imagine you and Pericles as Aboriginals minimizing the 'small and insignificant' arrival of these blokes in red uniforms... "Oh come come Widgaree.. do you REALLY see much danger in these clowns on the beach" ?<<

Those "clowns on the beach" were real, they were immediate, they were very, very close, they were armed with deadly weapons, and they did not need to soup up a YouTube video in order to make their presence felt.

I would suggest that in this case, Boaz, being around these Atzlan guys would subject you and the rest of the world to no greater danger than a slight singeing of the backs of your legs, as they surreptitiously burn another flag behind your back and run away giggling to post movies of their fun on the internet.

Your self-imposed mission seems to be to find as many of these mobs of weirdos as you can, and run around shouting that the sky is falling.

And we know why you do it, despite your protestations. It is to help you justify your unreasonable stance on Islam, by stirring up a generalized fear of imminent invasion.

So let's get back to the meat of this. I repeat what I said before:

>>Pretending that Atzlan has any real credibility does a disservice to the points you wish to discuss.

Why not be honest, and use Australia as your starting point?

"...should indigenous movements for restoring lost sovereignty be encouraged or discouraged in Australia?"

"How should European settlers respond to movements to change/reverse history and address the plight of the indigenous Australian population?"<<

These are your questions, Boaz. Let's hear your answers.
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 30 March 2008 11:07:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz,
Do you really believe in your heart that your Christian armies and settler invaders that did all their wilfull destruction to Indigenous People under the watchfull Eye of your All mighty God, can not expect the same actions to be bestowed on them by God at some time in history - when he considers the time is Right ?

Make no mistake Boaz - they are coming .

And Many will have Crosses on their chests and Bibles in their kits as they march toward you .
Posted by kartiya jim, Monday, 31 March 2008 7:04:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles.. sure.. lets talk about those things.. BUT WAIT... 'if' we do, then are we not 'tarring all indigenous Aussies with the same seditious brush' ? :) bingo... that IS the very point of the thread.... 'that' is why I raised it. You can woffle about me justifying my 'un'reasonable stance about Islam.. but then in that very sentence you show your own biased position.

We have to my knowledge ZERO indigenous Australians convicted of 'sedition/terrorism' and there were 517,000 total population in 2006.

In the case of Muslims, out of a population of roughly 400,000 we have 12 men on trial in Melbourne, 11 in Sydney, and many on the 'watch' list. So, even aside from that, Islamic terrorism is a world wide phenomena, so there nothing unreasonable about discussing that in the Australian context.

JIM.... what a great lead in :) "Don't you think...etc" mate.. you NEEED to read Habbakuk in the Old Testament. Here is a tidbit

HABBAKUK'S CRY...

2 How long, O LORD, must I call for help,
but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, "Violence!"
but you do not save?

3 Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrong?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and conflict abounds.

That was describing life in ISRAEL.. Gods people...

GOD'S ANSWER.

5 "Look at the nations and watch—
and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
that you would not believe,
even if you were told.

6 I am raising up the Babylonians,
that ruthless and impetuous people,
who sweep across the whole earth
to seize dwelling places not their own

woops... God, used the pagan Iraqi's to punish Israel? :)

Hmmmm *worried look*
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 31 March 2008 10:21:18 AM
Boazy, can you just this once avoid the biblical crap and the mozzie-whacking and simply answer Pericles' questions?

Mind you, your last post raises another: how many of these Aztlan activists have been arrested on sedition or terrorism charges?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 31 March 2008 10:29:51 AM
These discussions make me somewhat curious as to what boaz's opinion of Senator Joe McCarthy is.

If it's positive... well, that opens up some interesting questions.

If it's negative, I'd be interested to hear boaz, how we would be able to adopt your views without provoking another McCarthyist witchhunt.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 31 March 2008 11:02:54 AM
Non sequitur, Boaz.

>>Pericles.. sure.. lets talk about those things.. BUT WAIT... 'if' we do, then are we not 'tarring all indigenous Aussies with the same seditious brush'?<<

Asking and answering these questions involves precisely zero tar, and a complete absence of brushes.

"...should indigenous movements for restoring lost sovereignty be encouraged or discouraged in Australia?"

"How should European settlers respond to movements to change/reverse history and address the plight of the indigenous Australian population?"

These are neutral questions. They do not in themselves assume that an indigenous movement to restore lost sovereignty is by its nature seditious.

But, somewhat interestingly, you make this automatic connection.

The reality is that you don't need to promote insurrection, which is a prerequisite for modern-day sedition to exist, as a means to pursue these goals. Let's face it, in the most literal interpretation of "sedition", it would not even be possible to appeal against a court's decision, or to suggest a change to the tax structure.

In Australia, opponents of conscription in WWI were convicted of sedition, as was a public servant who in 1960 advocated that PNG become independent. So it would seem, prima facie, to be a somewhat flexible, and - dare I say it - political concept.

But I think we can agree that in today's world, peaceful protests don't cross the line between freedom of speech and seditious libel.

So, having taken sedition out of the equation, would you like to have another stab at the questions, Boaz?
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 31 March 2008 1:57:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy