The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > If I were dictator of Gaza

If I were dictator of Gaza

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
If I were dictator of Gaza what would I do?

No I haven’t been sniffing glue. I know I shall never be dictator of Gaza.

But if I were here's what I'd do.

First I'd convene meetings with business leaders in all major European capitals. I'd deliver the following message.

"Gaza is open for business. Instead of going all the way to China to build you next factory, try Gaza. We have plentiful low cost and PRODUCTIVE labour. If we can build home made rockets that can hit Sderot imagine what we could do with the proper tools.

"Unlike China we're right next door. No need to sit for hours on the plane.

"What's more we've got a better climate.

"We also guarantee low taxes and a business-friendly administration.

"When can we sign you up?"

The businessmen greet this statement with incredulity. One of them says:

"You'll fire a few rockets into Israel. The Israelis will respond and our factories will go up in smoke."

I respond as follows:

"I have informed the Israeli government that Gaza will no longer be available as a base to launch attacks on Israel. Right now we're trying to attract investment from Israeli companies as well.

"And, by the way, our application to join the EU is in the mail. When we achieve statehood we want to do so as an EU member."

What, other than bloody-mindedness and their own lack of imagination, is stopping Hamas doing this today?

What is better for the people of Gaza? My way? Or Hamas' way?

Well, it's a nice fantasy.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Sunday, 23 March 2008 8:25:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The obvious answer to:

"What, other than bloody-mindedness and their own lack of imagination, is stopping Hamas doing this today?"

is that you will no longer remain a dictator.

Hamas needs to keep the people poor in order to stay in control - then it gives them a little food and education (Islamic of course) and they are forever grateful. If they had money they would open their eyes to the world and the internet, enjoy the "good life" and forget about Islam, making Hamas obsolete.

As the Romans observed earlier, to keep the masses at bay you need to provide them with "bread and entertainment". The rockets on Israel are the entertainment part.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 24 March 2008 6:42:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HAMAS... is locked into it's own Islamic ideas Steven.. you know this.

HAMAS CHARTER part III article 11
http://www.palestinecenter.org/cpap/documents/charter.html

Palestine is an Islamic Waqf throughout all generations and to the Day of Resurrection. Who can presume to speak for all Islamic Generations to the Day of Resurrection?

This is the status [of the land] in Islamic Shari’a, and it is similar to all lands conquered by Islam by force, and made thereby Waqf lands upon their conquest, for all generations of Muslims until the Day of Resurrection. This [norm] has prevailed since the commanders of the Muslim armies completed the conquest of Syria and Iraq, and they asked the Caliph of Muslims, ‘Umar Ibn al-Khattab, for his view of the conquered land, whether it should be partitioned between the troops or left in the possession of its population, or otherwise. Following discussions and consultations between the Caliph of Islam, ‘Umar Ibn al-Khattab, and the Companions of the Messenger of Allah, be peace and prayer upon him, they decided that the land should remain in the hands of its owners to benefit from it and from its wealth; but the control of the land and the land itself ought to be endowed as a Waqf [in perpetuity] for all generations of Muslims until the Day of Resurrection.

Key words.

-Conquest. (Islam spread by the sword/violence)
-Benefit from its wealth (Greed and lust of the flesh)
-Timeless (Until the day of resurrection)

CONCLUSION. Steven.. it is a nice fantasy, (your benevolent dictatorship) but sadly.. it is a fantasy, not reality. A Muslim convert to Christ was brutally murdered in the West Bank recently, cut up into 4 pieces and sent back to his family. May God forgive and save the perpetrators.... who act from darkness and ignorance.
Horrible, brutal, inhuman as such acts are, it should be remembered by the sceptics against Christianity, PAUL was in that very situation, doing the same kinds of thing.. prior to his salvation. So, the best solution to Gaza is repentance and faith in Christ.

"New people, not new political systems"
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 24 March 2008 7:56:46 AM
But wait....there's more.

Muslims.. (Hamas) interpreting "Islam" for Muslims.. using the hadith.

Article 15 (Hamas Charter)
The place of the whip of one among you in Paradise is better than the entire world and everything that exists in it. [God’s] worshiper’s going and coming in the Path of Allah is better than the entire world and everything that exists in it.” (Told by Bukhari, Muslim Tirmidhi and Ibn Maja) I swear by that who holds in His Hands the Soul of Muhammad! I indeed wish to go to war for the sake of Allah! I will assault and kill, assault and kill, assault and kill (told by Bukhari and Muslim).

ASSAULT AND KILL is mentioned here in direct connection with "The Path of Allah"

PREDICTION. Of course, Pericles and CJ will drop in for a moment of hilarity and tell Hamas they are:

-Being selective and Cherry Picking.
-Taking Hadith traditions out of context.
-Don't have a clue.
-Are ranting.
-Are really just 'nationalistic' not religious..
-Speading hate.. (indeedy they are that)
-Adding to 'the problem' rather than the solution.

I guess I could indulge in a moment of total madness here and suggest that 'they...are..the problem'. (reader, apply 'they' to whoever you like)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 24 March 2008 8:17:01 AM
What do you mean;-'a MOMENT of total madness' BOZO?

Ever since I've been here I have waited for a moment of total sanity.
Posted by Ginx, Monday, 24 March 2008 12:45:42 PM
If I were dictator of Israel I would've carpet bombed Gaza to the point of only needing hoses and brooms to clean it up. I have ZERO sympathy for Palestinians. By allowing Hamas and Fatah to exist in their 'homeland' they are responsible for everything that happens. I'm surprised Israel hasn't wiped them off the 'board' already. They show vastly more tolerance than I ever would by allowing a hub of terrorism to exist right next door. While Palestinians allow terrorists to set the political course, nothing will change for the better for them.
Posted by StG, Monday, 24 March 2008 7:03:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy