The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > GOODBYE - FAREWELL - AUF WIEDERSEHEN - SO LONG...

GOODBYE - FAREWELL - AUF WIEDERSEHEN - SO LONG...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All
Foxy,Ginx,Saints:
We all seem to have our individual physical obstacles to face in life, be it due to genetic failure, ageing or simply sheer bad luck, however face these frailities we must, and we must also trust that the "grand overseer" will determine our final fate as we journey through our allocated space in time!
As I waited for my operation I was very, very frightened, ( something I have never been before, at least not like this!) as a result of the various issues which had shown up during the preceding three days of testing, the worst of which was an eroded heart valve, of which I had no previous indication or ill effects.
When the decision was made to use an Epidural Block instead of a General Anasthetic, I accepted that if this was the time, then so be it. The following half hour in which I was bent over with my forehead on my knees was to say the least "very painful" whilst they tried to insert a canula into the spinal column, with obvious difficulty, hence the half hour of "hell".....I must say that IT was the only real pain that I suffered during the whole operation and the following recovery time, so in the long term it was probably worth it!
After the Epidural was administered I was aked if I would like to hear some nice music, to which I replied that they could now bring on the dancing girls, and at that stage they must have given me something raher nice because the next thing I remember was the Surgeon telling me that I could relax as it was all over!.....I was glad to be alive!
I believe that we should all talk openly about our fear and trepidation,... we are ALL human beings with all the fears and failings of the human race and we should all do our best to dispel the pain and suffering that our fellow beings face in their own individual trek through life!

EAT, DRINK, BE MERRY and be thankful for the time we are given!
Posted by Cuphandle, Sunday, 6 April 2008 4:58:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ginx - Thank you for your post and support on the issue of child abuse.
You are certainly up to date with the issue in SA with former Supreme Court Justice Ted Mulligahan's report into child abuse.
The lifting of the Statute of Limitations for Child Abuse victims in order for criminal charges to be laid upon the perpetrators have been lifted in SA and WA....so far. Why not NSW?
Criminal charges have certainly been laid upon Salvation Army Officers and priests. A google search will certainly attest to my information as to the criminal charges and jail terms placed upon these pedophiles.....as that is the only word I can use.
You speak of PROOF - our children "now adults" have the proof of their abuse, whether it be sexual, physical or emotional abuse whilst institutionalized within NSW homes ....but due to the Statute of Limitations "not" being lifted are unable to seek recourse against the Salvation Army, Catholic Churches, Anglican Church and the State Government.
Most people say to the "abused" victims - get over it as it happened years ago.
My comment to these people - "Just walk a mile in their shoes", physical abuse, sexual abuse and emotional abuse on a daily basis from people who were supposedly entrusted with their care .....how would you survive and "get on with life"?
No child asked to be born, a child (any child) needs nuture, guidance and comfort .....did these children get this? No.
Did they deserve it, "Yes".
This is why I will continue my journey for these abused children in seeking recourse, justice and compensation.
First step being with a Royal Commission Enquiry. This is the first time since Federation that State and Federal Governments are controlled by Labor....If this Government is now "serious" with addressing issues of the past the buck stops now, the blaming stops and "our children" - now adults - should be given the opportunity of a full Royal Commission Enquiry.
Posted by SAINTS, Monday, 7 April 2008 4:52:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy