The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do you believe in God's existence?

Do you believe in God's existence?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. 25
  10. All
I just read a survey that was taken in the UK that showed 89% of the public believe in the existence of a superior/ paranormal being - God.

I was quite surprised to read that, so I decided to make my own poll about it.

So, do you believe in God? Why?
Posted by infinite sadness, Thursday, 28 February 2008 11:28:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes.

Why not ?
Posted by polpak, Friday, 29 February 2008 10:32:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear infinite sadness,

Yes, I believe in God. I believe I have a conscience for a reason.

I believe in an authority that stoops to wash a poor man's feet. I believe in a banquet where sinners learn to love, eating in company with their God. I believe in the words that God has left for men, words that can fashion hope from darkness, and turn bitter loneliness into love. And I believe in humanity, fashioned in mystery by God. I believe in the beauty of our mind, the force of our emotions, the fire and loyalty of our love.

As I wrote in another post, people could, indeed, call Christ God, even as I do, in simple and indefensible faith. Others might find their God in "Church" or "Abraham" or "personal honesty."

Take Care.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 29 February 2008 10:33:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No, I don't believe in God.
Why? Because I have no faith in any religion. Nearing my use by date I have experienced so many wars that were based upon differences in religion.
Anti semitism before WW2, Irish Catholics - v - Protestants, Jews - v - Muslims, Hindu -v -Moslems and the list doesn't stop. Even in Iraq right now when different moslem sects are fighting each other.
If there is a god, what sort of bastard is it that condones the attack on the twin Trade towers in New York on 9/11?
I believe in the love of other people. That makes sense.
Posted by phoenix94, Friday, 29 February 2008 10:41:08 AM
not since the tooth fairy stiffed me at age 8.
Posted by DEMOS, Friday, 29 February 2008 10:55:09 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
absolutely not,I totally don't believe in god

I've been told that god controls what happens in this world,& whatever happens,happens according to his wish.But I'll give one example & there are probably hundreds of thousands of such examples, when Tsunami happened,back in December 26, 2004,where was he & did he want Tsunami to happen & kill all those innocent people?
Posted by JoshDuke, Friday, 29 February 2008 11:08:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. 25
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy