The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Forgotten Australians are the same as the stolen generation

Forgotten Australians are the same as the stolen generation

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. All
I do not think the post above mine was needed, it breaks my life time rule.
ALL MEN ARE EQUAL
I may be able to help, with others help that is.
An international union activist page exists, I am just one member.
Not this page but something like it [ the union page] could be of help to any group any crusade.
We give our e mail addresses, it is safe to do so.
Each week we get active campaign information, say a petition, we send our answers to the boss we are opposing .
It could be federal or state governments or all Medea, why not?
We get about 2500 at least from all over the world every campaign.
What site could host our demands for a full Royal Commission inquiry into these matters now?
Never forget that child in north Queensland is one of thousands of Aboriginal kids who fit huffnpuff story.
If such a page can be put together I would be glad to be there
Posted by Belly, Monday, 4 February 2008 2:20:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rainbowmurri,
If you read the report on the link that Vanilla gave us, above, you will see that many indigenous kids ended up in the same institutions refered to by Huffnpuff.

The report makes for depressing reading but shows there is a link to the 'stolen generation'

In the town I grew up in, the local orphanage had some indigenous kids that went to school locally with the other inmates.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 4 February 2008 4:50:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear huffnpuff (Michael),

For what it's worth I emailed the Prime Minister asking him to include the Forgotten Australians in his apology to the Aboriginal people.

Perhaps if some of the posters on this thread were to do the same - it would have a greater impact on the PM.

So how about it everyone?

Do your bit for the Forgotten Australians.

Please?
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 4 February 2008 8:54:21 PM
Who could argue against the need for reparations for forgotten Australians.

However, the difference is for Indigenous Australians is that brothers and sisters, their mothers and fathers, and wider family were all effected or institionalised.

This is very different from white families who has one or two people endure the horrid treatment in one or two institutions in one or at the most two generations within the same family.

My own stolen generation family stories goes back to the 1850's.
This is very diffent
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 4 February 2008 9:28:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have emailed and wrote to every man and his dog about this foxy thanks for encourageing all of us in here thanks micheal
Posted by huffnpuff, Monday, 4 February 2008 9:34:22 PM
to bango i only got educated to six class at primary school so im sorry if my spelling is a bit hows ya going i learnt to spell myself and with the help of my kids so if i get it wrong sorry but i feel its close enough this site keeps me going and i know there are a lot of people in here that support me and i carnt say thanks enough cheers to you all micheal
Posted by huffnpuff, Monday, 4 February 2008 9:41:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13