The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Workplace Social Security Fraud.

Workplace Social Security Fraud.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Sunday Bar B Q it always happens another do not tell anyone but story
Seems the daughter has a new job
$10 an hour Adult single mum 5 in the hand $5 in the books paid as $15 an hour.
Not enough hours to interfere with SS payments first two days? 3 hour shifts as a trial no pay but given some stock, near expiry date, it is a food shop.
Trolley pushers most big shopping centers $7 or $8 an hour false name stay on the dole or pension.
Self interest or fear? I truly do not know what it is but non will come forward to tell of these jobs but every one of them complains to me ending with do not tell any one.
I dream of the day we will see an end to this theft, so people in real need get real jobs and company's can no longer get contracts that steal
Posted by Belly, Monday, 14 January 2008 4:23:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I dream of the day where nobody ever has to take a $13/hr job.
It's pretty absurd that I can earn up to 10 times as much as this just because I happen to know how to type gibberish into a computer that it can understand.

Until I have walked in the shoes of anyone who is in an unfortunate-enough position to rely on social security payments, I'm extremely wary of criticising them for feeling compelled to attempt squeezing a little more for themselves out of the system.
Posted by wizofaus, Monday, 14 January 2008 5:46:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
At this time in the thread I must do what I hate most, divert the thread, my next post will get it back on track.
Wiz you must know I have nothing but respect for you and the way you think on this issue but.
As one of 16 kids my friend who never earned the wages you speak of I understand what it is to be poor.
My parents went hungry so I could eat, often.
They told each of their children the value of work, each son went on to be a hard worker.
Even today I want a world that has no children sitting down for pumpkin and potato only for tea and the skins only for breakfast.
This gutless practice from both the boss and the worker undermines true work.
It says I will work for less than minimum wage and the tax payer can subsidize me.
We must not present all unemployed with halos.
Some are using the system some are as work shy as you can get, if we could stop fraud, please let us stop fraud!
We could spend the savings on more for the needy not the greedy
more true story's exist will post a few next .
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 15 January 2008 5:08:35 AM
Belly, I'm just not convinced it's a problem worth getting upset about, given the amount by which the wealthiest of us attempt to squeeze more from the system by reducing our tax, either legally or illegally.

(I'd actually be perfectly happy to pay more tax, as long as it was done automatically and I didn't have to think about it. But because our tax system is so complicated, there's been a few occasions where I couldn't find all the paperwork necessary to declare all my income, and hence didn't bother. On the other hand, I never claim deductions either.)
Posted by wizofaus, Tuesday, 15 January 2008 5:57:07 AM
The posts so far seem to indicate to me the irresponsibility of so many people. I can sympathise with the many people that are unable to find work, but surely it indicates that people should be responsible for their own lives. My parents would love to have had more kids, but felt that they would not be able to educate and support more than two. Even so I remember sitting down to nothing but potato for a meal during the war. However, I had discipline and a sense of worth, honesty and personal responsibility drummed into me at an early age, which gave me a good grounding that I fear is missing with a lot of the population nowadays. I can remember the days when you didn't have to lock your doors for instance, but parents these days seem to perpetuate the idea that "the State" will look after you and that education is unimportant and wagging school is OK. You only have to look at the hoons who couldn't care less about others when they drive their cars and disturb the neighbourhood. Education and discipline begins at home otherwise we get a self perpetuating class that will never get the benefits of anything but an underclass devoted to crime, drugs and unemployment
Posted by snake, Tuesday, 15 January 2008 10:36:05 AM
Wizofaus, you must be very lucky to be earning such good money, as you obviously don't earn it from your analytical ability.

Stop feeling sorry for the dole bludgers, & comparing them to your own position. Instead, think of the large number of lower paid WORKERS, paying their taxes to support this scum.

Think of the apprentice, struggling to pay for the petrol to get to work. Think of the check out chick, at the supermarket, or the hardware store, or the store man, at the local warehouse. Most of these people have, after tax, less money than the bludger they are supporting.

Think of farmer, down the road, who pays these bludgers $150 in hand, to do a days work, can't get them to do a second day, let alone take the $750 a week he's offering to work full time.

Think about him worrying about paying the fine, if he gets caught, cheating the system when he can't find anyone who will work for a living.

Perhaps that computer has got you a bit too far away from the real world
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 15 January 2008 11:11:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy