The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Multi-Culturalism the ongoing madness.

Multi-Culturalism the ongoing madness.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. Page 34
  10. 35
  11. All
I think that your granddaughter has a fine grasp on the issues here, Boaz, and I just love the simple directness of her comment.

>>SHOCKA... it surprises me that his basic reasoning seems to be under question here...

ewwzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxppppppppppppppppp<<

I couldn't have put it better myself.

It should mean something to you, Boaz, when your granddaughter demonstrates such insight. You must be very proud.

All shockadelic is doing is blowing hard into his Boaz-trumpet, and getting a slightly more discordant and ear-splitting sound from it. As TRTL is patiently trying to point out to him, making this amount of fuss when he is in more physical danger from spilling his tea than from Islam, is not informative or helpful. It is just noise.

At least he is still operating in the abstract, and not trying to rabble-rouse. But if I were you Boaz, I'd not let him into your team, as he doesn't seem quite in control of himself.

>>I didn't spend half my life overcoming the "dictatorship" of my parents' beliefs to succumb to yours or your Muslim "friends". I'd rather die behind the chemical sheds.<<

Hmmm. Maybe a clue in there somewhere?
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 30 January 2008 3:52:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
:) good onya Pericles... always reliable for a colorful and humorous comeback....

I'll give my grandaughter a special hug for the humor that her little keyboard activity inspired :)

Shocka is quite passionate.. agreed.. and possibly still living in bit of a reactionary mode.. but we are all like that to a degree.

Perhaps he is just expressing his frustration that something as simple as A,B,C is simply not seen by others who claim to have a degree of understanding.

He is saying nothing more than "If you know the characteristics of European Carp, and allow them to get into a trout stream, in time they will dominate and the trout will dissappear".

-Carp breed earlier than trout.
-Young carp EAT young trout.

The rest is simply history.

The Trout need very stringent "border control". They need to assess the 'values' of the Carp before letting them into their territory.

So, if Carp want to come to Troutland..all they have to do to be accepted is:

1/ Don't eat young trout.
2/ Don't breed so early.

"values"

Regarding intrusive cultural practices. (ie.. back to the Kirpan)
I feel too little thought is given to the social impact of allowing such things. You see. "For every force there is an equal and opposite reaction" something like that. Nothing happens in a vacuum. Knockon effect etc..
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 31 January 2008 7:49:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh, a Barman is a person in your neighbourhood.
(He's in your neighbourhood) He's in your neighbourhood.
And a Gambler is a person in your neighbourhood.
They're the people that you meet each day.

And a Harlot is a person in your neighbourhood.
(She's in your neighbourhood) She's in your neighbourhood.
And a Rent Boy is a person in your neighbourhood.
They're the people that you meet.
They're the ones who walk the street.
They're the people that you meet each day.

Now a Muslim is the new guy in our neighbourhood.
Our noisy neighbourhood. Our crazy neighbourhood.
Yes, there's Muslims moving into Aussie neighbourhoods.
I can see them freaking out each day.

Yes, the Sinners are the people in your neighbourhood.
(They're in your neighbourhood) In every neighbourhood.
And the Godless are the people in your neighbourhood.
They're the people that you meet.
When you're walking down the street.
And they're never gonna go away.

Now the Muslims they don't seem to like our neighbourhood.
If they don't like us, well, why join our neighbourhood?
Well, I tell you mate if you don't like our neighbourhood.
You can pack your bags tonight.
Get a ticket for a flight.
To the Middle East where there's no Gays.
Posted by Shockadelic, Thursday, 31 January 2008 9:56:27 AM
BOAZ_David,

You are the winner of this month's Hackneyed Medal.

("hackneyed - adjective: overused, overdone, overworked, worn out, timeworn, platitudinous, vapid, stale, tired, threadbare; trite, banal, hack, clichéd, hoary, commonplace, common, ordinary, stock, conventional, stereotyped, predictable; unimaginative, unoriginal, uninspired, prosaic, dull, boring, pedestrian, run-of-the-mill, boilerplate, routine; informal old hat, cheesy, corny, played out. Antonym original.")

The judges were particularly impressed with your corny - should that be 'wet'? - analogy using carp and trout to argue the need for very "stringent border control" and "the need to assess the values of the Carp before letting them into their territory". Assigning borders to troutland and values to carp were judged to be especially vacuous.

The judges went on to comment that your concluding remarks broke the OLO all-comers record for the most platitudes in a single paragraph:
* intrusive cultural practices
* too little thought is given to
* the social impact
* for every force there is an equal and opposite reaction
* nothing happens in a vacuum
* Knockon effect.

A truly dense piece of prose.

Your use of the banal 'etc' to suggest you know more than you can possibly tell was deemed so uninspired it clinched the Medal for you on this occasion.

Keep up the bad work!
Posted by FrankGol, Thursday, 31 January 2008 10:11:16 AM
HA! That's what I love about this place, there is a plentiful supply of antidote to the hell fire and brimstone mob!!

(Postscript: I have to chuckle at the censor system. It told me so politely that 'so many exclamation marks were unnecessary. Like a kid before the headmaster I removed one at a time going back before the HM for approval! He ((women are not so precious!)), waggled his cyber finger at me until I went from 4 ex marks to 2!)
Posted by Ginx, Thursday, 31 January 2008 11:00:01 AM
Boaz, I'm very glad that you raise the issue of "for every force there is an equal and opposite reaction".

As any fule kno, this is shorthand for Newton's famous Lex III, "Actioni contrariam semper et æqualem esse reactionem: sive corporum duorum actiones in se mutuo semper esse æquales et in partes contrarias dirigi"

What Sir Isaac realized, and attempted to express in terms that we all understand, is that if Boaz rants and stamps his feet in opposition to a religion that he fears and despises, he can expect push-back with an equal force. And the more he rabble-rouses, the closer he will come to generating a violent reaction.

More importantly, this should be seen in the context of Lex I, which puts it succinctly as "Corpus omne perseverare in statu suo quiescendi vel movendi uniformiter in directum, nisi quatenus a viribus impressis cogitur statum illum mutare"

Which is Newton's way of saying that if you don't rabble-rouse, Boaz, you will suddenly find that there is nothing pushing back at all - it has all been created by your own actions.

Good ol' Isaac. A handy hint for all rabble-rousing whack-a-mozzies.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 31 January 2008 6:38:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. Page 34
  10. 35
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy