The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Feminists are *officially* better in bed

Feminists are *officially* better in bed

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
This research simply seems made for an OLO debate:

Surveys of 242 college undergraduates and 289 older adults conclude that having a feminist partner "is linked with healthier, more romantic heterosexual relationships," writes LiveScience.

The Rutgers University research, published this week in the journal Sex Roles, "bust(s) stereotypes that peg feminists as ugly lesbians," LiveScience says.

Both men and women are prone to holding negative views of feminists, the authors say. Along with the sexually unattractive stereotype, some women also view feminism as a movement for victims, or for women who aren't competent enough to achieve success on their own merit, LS writes.

Among the findings:
• College-age women with feminist male partners said they had higher quality relationships that were more stable than couples involving non-feminist male partners.
• Feminists college men with feminist partners reported having more equality in their relationships.
• Older women reported greater relationship health and sexual satisfaction with male partners who were perceived to be feminist.
• Older men with feminist partners reported more stable relationships and greater sexual satisfaction.

For more info, google-news "Rutgers" + "feminism".

Thoughts?
Posted by botheration, Friday, 16 November 2007 9:24:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>Older men with feminist partners reported more stable relationships and greater sexual satisfaction.<<

err... greater than....?

How stupid is this research. It is based on an assumption that the men interviewed have 'tried out lots of women' and even then, for any comparison to be valid, MUCH data would need to be known about the women concerned...the mindset of the men at the time.. and was it the same each time...and the prevailing social conditions.. and so it goes on.

No..this is not the 'stuff of OLO debates' it is total rubbish.
Probably reflects some 'book' that one of the researchers has penned and is simply picking a volatile controversial issue to make money.

1/1/ 05 "Oh.. the ATKINS diet is the besssstest ever" (find the full story in my BOOK)
1/1/06 "Ooooh..that ATKINS diet produces awful side effects" (find the full story in my BOOK)
1/1/07 "New research confirms the ATKINS lo carb diet is really beneficial" ((find the full story in my BOOK)

annnnnd....so it goes on.

No..I haven't a clue of any of those dates have any real world significance.. just making a point.

THE BEST IN BED ARE...... those who "respect and love their husbands" and those who "love their wives as Christ loved the Church"

WHY ? simple.. because according to the good book.. it's how we are supposed to function. and.. finally...no, I don't have a 'book' to launch.. its already been written :) and its a best seller.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 16 November 2007 12:11:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its true.

My survey sample* are feminist and have brilliant relationships.

Thats 100%. Extrapolating to the population as a whole all fantastic, attractive, erudite, feminist and godly women are also brilliant in bed.

(*Sample size optimised at n=1, 95th percentile error margins either 1 or 0.)
Posted by ChrisPer, Friday, 16 November 2007 12:49:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boazy, thanks for posting. I always like to run scientific data by a creationist.

ChrisPer, thanks for bringing your independent research to the table. I also tested the results in a controlled domestic environment, and was rewarded with a saucy arse-slap and a resounding "you betcha, babe!" Nice days work.
Posted by botheration, Friday, 16 November 2007 1:13:13 PM
Ha, botheration, priceless!

Next time I receive insults from a misogynist on OLO I'll know what kind of boring sex life he must have. : +)
Posted by Celivia, Friday, 16 November 2007 2:13:54 PM
Botheration wrote:

"This research simply seems made for an OLO debate"

THERE IS NOTHING TO DEBATE. Of course it's true.

It's as obvious and well-established as evolution.

Oops, I forgot.

There are people who still "debate" the fact of evolution.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Friday, 16 November 2007 2:39:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy