The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Exposed. 10,0000 Horses will be slaughterd in QLD 4000.00 shot already

Exposed. 10,0000 Horses will be slaughterd in QLD 4000.00 shot already

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Documents obtained by the Courier mail blow the lid on the worlds largest animals culls.
There was great efforts made to conceal this .

The Courier mail reported thousands of animals have been shot already. Those against the cull claim photographs show wounded animals in pain and young foals left near dead members of the herds standing over their mothers.
Miss Carter save the brumbies association han Carter had urged the State Government to set brumby sanctuares as done overseas and use fertility treatment as used overseas.

State sustainabilty minister Andrew MCNamara said shooting the horses was the practicle option.

It is claimed that its in consideration of the erosoin and speading weeds destroying springs? destroying Aboriginal cultrual sights etc.
Documents uncovered have shown that shooting of horses will continue for three years.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 10 November 2007 8:59:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
They probably have been made the blame for the spread of horse flue.
So somebody sitting in an office has made a personal choice to allow the
slaughter of a magnificent animal to protect the money of a few horse
abusers to continue making money racing till they ,due to the cost of
saving an investment an not being able to recoup it ,can keep a legall
cull of those said horses. I ,on my dirt bike rides, even in the Brisbane area have come across the best looking mobs of wild horses i have ever seen .But now the butchered land is now the Springfield township .
These mass slaughters are being signed of by a person sitting in a cubicle ,or maybe they have an imported timer desk to make them feel important ,and to stop a horse that is worth millions to them from catching a cold it is ok to butcher thousands of actually better free
vermin ,as they seem to see them ,to save their inbreed money makers.
It must be just me that see's how the money kills the animal that helped build this land and the real vermin that is destroying our lands gets no attention. The mobs i have personally seen in the Brisbane outskirts make these million dollar nags look like rag dolls.
I hope people add to this post and can help but my guess is there is no chance.
The people that ok'd it will not be held to account for their personal choice. And you would only get a cover up and a back pedal from every cubicle in this state. Let's see if anybody that threw a dollar in the cup sweep can add to this discussion before they think off the slaughter they have joined in on just to bag a post ,hey, ?
Posted by insignificant, Sunday, 11 November 2007 1:04:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it may be crimson well worth while leaving the Melbourne cup and horse racing out of it.
Horse flue plays no part in this, it has been the long term way we in this country do things.
I am concerned that every time we cull horses we do so by gunshot on the run.
Reports continue of slow death and great pain, all to save money!
In NSW some years ago it happened deaths came after days of pain in miss shots from helicopters!
Culls must be better handled, some however must take place.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 11 November 2007 5:34:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hmmm...somehow I don't think we are hearing the whole story.
Posted by spritegal, Sunday, 11 November 2007 6:18:47 AM
I'm endlessly amused by do-gooders sitting there sprooking on about the "evils" of our society. Fair enough if something or someone is sufferering as a consequence. We do need to be made aware and suggest ways of implimenting training, practices and continual monitoring agencies (for want of a better word) that keep an eye on best practice. But do-gooders are comfortably sitting in a house that was put there after someone was "moved", or bush was cleared, native animals were displaced, someone's land entitlements were rubbed out etc etc.

Animals have been culled for centuries. To suggest or take seriously suggestions it's to do with the horse flu is highlighting ignorance.

If the People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming are so upset by the nasty reality of society then I reckon you should put your money where your mouth is and solve the rabbit, pig, deer, horse, goat and kangaroo problem by implmenting your own solutions before culls get the go-ahead.
Posted by StG, Sunday, 11 November 2007 6:21:36 AM
Insignificant.
Belly is corrcet I am afraid. Some States use poison[even worse] like they wanted to in the Snowy mountains.

Knowing people care does help. I hope you stick around.

Spitegirl. Yes of course there is more to the story.
The State and federal Government ignoring advise from many experts for years on how to control this.

Oportunitys to turn these horses into something positive for Regional areas.

The Governments have always taken the cheapest way out .

Only you the public can demand programes are set in place to turn this negative into a positive.
Perhaps we can look at some of the suggestions ignored after we post the rest of the story so GST has all his facts straight.
Mind you that might be a strentch of ones imagination.

Anybody who is not outraged by both the Governments lack of Animal Welfare managenent is not right in the head.
There are other ways of controlling this. They WONT spend the money!

GST. We dont have the millions to put other programes in place but the Government does. It just never wanted to spend any money on this at all.
Also I dont recall making a comment either way about shooting them.
We are simply reporting the matter to OLO readers.
Its not a secret considering its splashed front page and third page of the courier mail.
I personally put all my money into Animal Welfare. What are you doing other than critising an office full of people who work for no wages as often as they can-then drive hundreds of miles delivering feed to farmers which they paid for out of their own pockets.

I do have one or two solutions myself actually speaking of culling GST.
How about cut back on people? Less people less need to take back the land.
By implmenting solutions "before mobs numbers get too high" we can save this dreadful treatment of these beautiful animals.

I will now post "ALL" the story for you. It will run over several posts.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 11 November 2007 7:44:50 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy