The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Media and Christianity-the image problem.

The Media and Christianity-the image problem.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
Robert.... you said:

"your own twisted interpretations of others beliefs as the norm and then using misfits behaving badly as your proof."

Now.. thats not quite right. I've not done that to my knowledge if ur referring to my Anti "Islamic" posts (in contrast to a generalized anti "muslim" approach)

In fact, I've attempted to specifically AVOID that line you are trotting out. I've spoken about the dangers of Islam as exemplified by the likes of Hizb Ut Tahrir, I've shown many examples of passages in the Quran which I believe are quite correct contextually and historically.. I've referred to specific acts and behavior of Mohammad, which are easily verifiable historically also...
I've also mentioned that 'most' Muslims are not aware of such things, and are simply getting on with life.
So my focus has been the ratbag, violent, aggressive mob, and my major theme has been that such groups influence the rest by shaming and by intimidation. I've shown real world evidence of these things.

I've even maintained that a responsibly selective immigration policy would be wise and some special attention to values compatability be addressed when it comes to Muslim would be migrants.

So.. unless you can show me evidence to the contrary, I don't see any need for an apology to anyone.

CJ... and TRTL. You would need to indicate specific social practices which would be conducive to child abuse and ALSO show how this might be connected with their doctrinal position.

What does the "EXCLUSIVE" part of the E.B. name mean?

1/ Historical. They followed the teachings of J.N.Darby when the Open Brethren took a more open approach.
2/ Doctrinal. They emphasise true repentance and the evidence of it in the life of those who wish to embrace their tradition.

Point 2 is specially relevant as it would exclude the idea of child abuse or ANY abuse which is contrary to sound Christlike living.

SECRETIVE?
http://www.theexclusivebrethren.com/default.asp
http://www.theexclusivebrethren.com/meetingrooms.asp <- I don't see much opportunity for child abuse here.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 14 November 2007 8:05:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy