The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Video they don't want Australians to see

Video they don't want Australians to see

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Looks like Alteractive is a wannabee Michael Moore. He certainly makes as much sense. Maybe if he hadn't drank the contents of the 50,000 bottles..
Posted by Jack the Lad, Monday, 5 November 2007 2:30:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi RACHE

well we have covered this ground a few times, but the usual thing from leftoids is:

a) Iraq and Afghanistan are 'Illegal' wars.
b) WMD were not found (implying they did not exist)
c) Because of "b" above, "a" is thus justified in their minds.

You could add a liberal sprinkling of "9/11 was CIA/mossad" and you would have pretty much the full current leftoid agenda :)

But to limit the scope to something managable, lets take WMD's.

I've provided links to the report of General Sada, Iraqi pilot who, with others FLEW the WMD's to Syria prior to the US invading. But because that does not fit the leftoid political agenda... it is written of as 'He is selling a book'...... (gee..if I applied that to John Pilger how would it be ? :)

So...on that point alone.. it pretty much shows the amazing bias of the author of this thread.

CJ... >>he's expressing his disaffection for the appalling Howard gavernment<<

Ur quite entitled to describe them as 'appalling' and in certain instances I quite agree with you. But you also show your political bias by calling them "appalling" as an all encompassing descripto, rather than singling out specific examples.

So...there you go :) I don't know how anyone can find 'self justification' there.. because I've not specifically supported one party over another in my comments ...have I ?

All I did was point out the bias and entrenched attitude in the topic.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 5 November 2007 2:42:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Please get off your self-righteous pedestal BOAZ-David, you are doing more harm to your faith than you realise by displaying your own bias, bigotry and hypocrisy.

You too are displaying an entrenched attitude to the topic – lighten up.

When will you realise that the world’s problems will never be overcome with the attitudes of people like you? It is not about; leftoids vs rightoids, Christianity vs Muslim, East vs West, Us vs Them, communism vs fascism, etc. etc. etc.

Jesus preached love and understanding, peace and compassion – and please … don’t roll out the verses.

Unless people like BD are prepared to respect people’s differences and work together to a common good, nothing will ever get better.

There are intransigent fundamentalists on all sides, has BOAZ-David demonstrated his here?
Posted by Q&A, Monday, 5 November 2007 5:41:33 PM
Well I suppose you stick your head in the DRY dirt about all that could interest your future, but if you could spare a two hour background then I would advice you to look at this film. It is not fable but fact!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1070329053600562261&q=endgame+alex+jones+duration%3Along&total=19&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=4
Posted by eftfnc, Monday, 5 November 2007 6:41:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
listen, if you are really not an activist, and I give you a presumption of innocence in this if for nothing else than because you worked hard with that stuff, your problem is NOT with the liberal party.

You seem to focus your contempt on one person and one person alone. Weather or not he personally at fault hard to say. He is a polly who works others.

But the end result is a growing disenchantment of his OWN people saying this is so from Menzies vision, it is hard to call liberal anymore. Listen or look up the great man's vision. It would worth a just representation as it is more relevant today then it was then.

Sadly, this is NOT that party. Costello would be well advised to make a new one just like Menzies did then. Save that I can't see how he could redeem those smirks of a wisecrack but obedient hubby.
Posted by leddie, Monday, 5 November 2007 7:58:56 PM
BOAZ, I'd be interested in Sada's claims if he could back them in in some way. He never actually saw the WMDs being moved first-hand and didn't actually participate in their transportation. He was only told about this by anonymous and unnamed cilivian sources and no other top-ranking officers have come forward to support his claims.
If his claims were true and could be supported, why didn't we invade Syria? Maybe he has an agenda.

Some previous claims include -

Somebody called Nayirah who told the UN and Congress that Iraqi soldiers removed babies from their incubators and left them to die on the cold hospital floors of Kuwait City, but this was later proven to be a lie.

There were also stories about a people shredder and mobile chemical labs that were also later found to be false.

Likewise the intricate network of underground tunnels and high-tech command centres in Afghanistan never existed.

A famous Iraqi defector named Rafid Ahmed Alwan ("Curveball") claimed to be a chemical engineer who had been in charge of a facility at Djerf al Nadaf that was making mobile biological weapons but this was also found to be a lie.

These sorts of claims, like children overboard, are eagerly believed and deliberately spread by vested government interests but it's only the "leftoids" who challenge them who are accused of disinformation.

Now we see the same things softening up public opinion over Iran.

By the way, dissent is also a vital part of any democracy.
Posted by rache, Monday, 5 November 2007 11:13:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy