The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Any lonely people out there?

Any lonely people out there?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
You are right evolution..it takes a lot to open up, especially if the person is reluctant and covers everything up with a laugh or a fidgety giggle.

To open up to another, takes guts, something some of us just do not have, some people are forced inside their cocoon due to people like yourself and as you say, you have your little lot and you are a happy person, I am happy for you..well done, you are obviously one of those lucky ones.

Good-day and err..piss-off!
Posted by SPANKY, Sunday, 4 November 2007 1:56:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That hard shell we all have on, the one we take in public that says I want to be alone?
Well it can be broken, my new little dog Sky all90 MM of her sitting on the back window ledge of my car growling at two blue healers in the Ute next door had 5 laughing talking strangers together for ten minutes and a little dog sharing the Ute.
It can be done, no pale not an over heated car air con on motor running.
Taking the time to say Gday can bring rewards why we do so little of it concerns me.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 4 November 2007 6:27:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I always say gidday to people and if they are a couple of dollars short for what they want to buy,i make up the shortfall.Doesn't kill you to be nice to people and you always find that someone is there for you when you need help.Give a wave when people gives way to you when on the road,pick up something someone has dropped or just simply admire someones hairstyle or new baby.Millions of ways to be nice and most of them don't cost a cent.It's true what is said about karma.When i see arsxxxxx i know that one day they will get what's coming.If you know someone elderly or infirm,cook an extra meal for them or take 10 minutes out of your day to talk.Even a fleeting helping hand or smile helps to alleviate loneliness.
Posted by haygirl, Sunday, 4 November 2007 6:52:59 AM
SPANKY

Well I dont know about being in my comfort zone.

Having a calling from the Lord- Or gift from the Lord can be most difficult and loney too some times.

Its more like a curse really.

You learn more and more that the animals such as that little dog are much nicer than people `most times.`

I have always prefered animals to people.

Actually to be really honest you learn to hate.

The thing that drives me and stands out well apart from most feelings is the utter rage of discust you learn to have for most Church Leaders.

The feeling of dispare at not being able to stop such atrositys and seeing it each day.

I once went to see Howard when he came to the Gold Coast to rallie outside the bond Uni.

I realised for the first time why he needed security.

If I could have dragged him out from behind his tinted window I would have.

You are indeed very fortunate to live in a area where there are some nice people.

I have no doubt your in the bush somewhere because country people are the nicest.

So heres what you could do for me if you are in a good mood.

Find me a local pub on the river for sale.

Must have a big tree- be out of town and a cow paddock next door.

Then I would be honoured to be able to visit the little dog and put flowers on his grave.

I might even chuck a few his masters as well.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 4 November 2007 6:59:09 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Dear Callie
if I can add to your post.. yes.. by all means 'speak' to someone...

but PUH-LEASE don't let it be about "OH..I'm alone.. I feel depressed"

That would give the other person the impression that you are a self pitying individual wallowing in it.... and repulse them quick smart."

Please don't add to my post as you have totally changed the meaning of my post. Keep your values, which I don't agree with, in your post.
Most of my clients are "poor me" "I am depressed" kinda people. I empower them to make decisions for themselves and to get back as a functioning member of society. They don't have the strength or the coping skills to be all chirpy and happy as you would like them to be. They need to do the "poor me" bit before they can move on. Your post insinuated to me that you would not give these "poor me" people the time of day.

I was lucky. I already had these coping skills when tragedy struck my family. I help people in the day, at work, and I leave my work at work when it is time to go home. I go out and I have long term goals, I don't sit at home and wallow in self pity, although sometimes that seems the easier option, despite all that I still get lonely at times. That is when I turn on the computer, browse, read some forums, look at ebay. But then I am one of the lucky ones, I have the coping skills to do this.....many people do not...Lucky for my clients you, BD, do not work in the Mental Health Sector.
Lonliness and Depression can go hand in hand and if you feel "poor me" or "I can't go on" there are organisations that can help and crisis lines to call. Sometimes just talking to a stranger on the end of the phone can help. Sorry to preach but I feel very strongly about this.

HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Posted by CALLIE, Sunday, 4 November 2007 8:35:56 AM
I am intrigued to know more about how people respond to various topics. I'm interested in how they think, what they feel, and why?
I enjoy talking to people from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds. To me it illustrates the rich diversity that makes up
Australian society.

People talk about the hardships of the first few years and the nostalgia with which they remember the countries they left behind.
However, their determination to establish their lives in Australia helps them to find their own sense of belonging.

Feeling lonely? Of course - we all feel lonely at certain periods of our lives. Especially when we are excluded from things. Like being told - "You're not one of us." "You're weird!" "You don't belong here!" "Go back to where you came from..."
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 4 November 2007 9:59:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy