The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > THE WAR IN IRAQ...

THE WAR IN IRAQ...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All
You should stay away from all that white stuff, it'll rot your brain and you'll lose all your hair. Whoops, too late!

LOLDONGS
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 3:52:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TRTL – I think it is difficult to judge the success of Iraq mainly because we don’t have any comparisons to go against. If we judge it in a war sense it was a stunning success done with great ease. But if you look at it from a transformation sense its difficult to call because we have nothing to compare Iraq too.

With regards to the rest of post all I can say is “talk is cheap” sure I wish we could talk some sense into these people as it would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives. But I hardly believe that people who rule through power and intimidation will be swayed by somebody asking them nicely
Posted by EasyTimes, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 6:01:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Diplomacy is much more than just asking people nicely, and there are many subtle grades between idle talk and all out war.

It's possibly to play enemies off one another, especially given the climate that existed between Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia. Then there's the 'arm's length' approach that the US has taken in the past, which used proxies instead of direct military intervention.

Once upon a time I thought the methods of a proxy war were heinous, though now I've come to see it as the lesser of two evils when compared to direct military intervention, which simply results in death on a much larger scale and ultimately tends to result in a power vacuum.

And we do have examples to compare it to, it's just the wars like Vietnam and Korea didn't work out either, which says a lot in itself.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 6:14:27 PM
Well done Bugsy/Ginx. I knew you couldn't keep on posting without your silly, made-up acronym. Business as usual.
Posted by Jack the Lad, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 9:26:49 PM
Was that a mental karate move Jack? You do like karate right? All the Pommie boneheads like karate (and guns of course).

This isn't the ANN forums Jack, most people around here are smarter than you.
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 10:11:14 PM
Bugsy, I didn't think that you'd use the term 'Pommie'. Isn't that racist, just like 'coon', 'wog' and 'slope'? Or maybe you're a closet fascist and your true coloyrs are coming through.

Anyway, I can't be 'Pommie', I'm not English. Don't you know what the term refers to?

While you postulate that 'most people around here are smarter than' I am, you surely can't be one of those; not on your past posts. Not as a product of a 'dumbed-down education'.

Why the fishing expedition? What are you trying to find out? And what has this to do with Iraq?
Posted by Jack the Lad, Wednesday, 31 October 2007 10:10:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy