The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Next G phone system - what a dud

Next G phone system - what a dud

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I really take exception to Telstra rolling out new netweorks before they have finished testing the products. Their backup and service levels are almost non-existent, and in the meantime those of us who switched services early (to take advantage of contract renewal offers) suffer from terrible service as a result. Under CDMA (using a full car kit), I used to have service from Coonabarabran to Wagga Wagga, mostly down the Newell highway. There was one spot on the whole trip that didnt have service. Now with next G (and also a full car kit), I have service around towns, and in some places between towns, but much of the trip I am left with no service at all.

To make matters worse, despite being aware of the shortcomings of the system, Telstra have now rolled the same technology out to its remote home customers. Previously these home customers had UHF then CDMA based radio phones instead of landlines. Now most have had Next G-based radio phones installed. My father had his installed 2 weeks ago. Two days ago it started playing up (that's not to mention that its apparently incompatible with his 3 year old fax machine despite being told it would be fine). He's a semi-retired 69 year old who lives on his own. The handheld mobiles dont work (CDMA used to). His only option to lodge a service request? He had to climb a windmill tower (did I note he is 69) with his mobile phone in order to get reception, then ring Telstra, who then told him that they werent able to send anyone for days, but gave him a few instructions on opening up the gadget box and playing with a few bits and pieces himself (its wired for 240 volts, so I wouldnt have thought this wise).

I might add, whilst this is a phone service set up for "remote" areas, he lives just 50 kms from a town of more than 8000 people, and only 10 kms from the nearest village, AND less than 3 hours from Melbourne - hardly the centre of Australia.
Posted by Country Gal, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 1:48:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think the day will come when I dump my mobile because I dont want the New World Order to know where I am every second of my day right down to where I am standing.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 2:07:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You'd probably better disconnect your internet connection too, because the new world order is already archiving pages, recording everything you type on these forums and already know where you live. When they take over, you'll be the one of the first they'll come for because you already know too much.
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 2:16:56 PM
This thread is timed perfectly!

Late last night I went onto the "tellthetruthtelstra" site.

It's all in the name folks! I have already told the two hard sell Telstrites who 'marketed' me that I will give up my CDMA only at gunpoint.

I wanted to do some ground work though, because the drums are beating loudly on this one!

Interesting!! Next G is indeed a dud. The publicity being put out by Hellstra on it is to put it mildly, very misleading!

Technical stuff goes above my head, but apparently there is something called Long-line ADSL which Hellstra already has. It is superior but it is not as profitable....

I watch and wait..
Posted by Ginx, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 3:18:57 PM
I know about the NSA's "echelon" Bugsy. The sneaky one is the slow move towards the microchip on either the right hand or forehead (Revelation 13:16-18/14:9-11). The bible says we are not to take anything on the right hand or forehead. Its all connected to the beast, the worlds last great dictator and to satan. Even if we live in the streets. The worldwide christian movement already knows all about the mark of the beast and whos doing it. We aint giving in to it.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 3:52:49 PM
Well, then you had better disconnect your internet and phone right away! Don't delay!
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 4:07:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy