The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Police Violence In Melbourne

Police Violence In Melbourne

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Victorian police once more turned to violence in the streets of Melbourne, as thousands of peaceful anti-war demonstrators gathered to protest outside a warmongers convention where the latest killing machines, including those used to murder children in Gaza by Israelis, were on display and sale. In an attempt to shut down the protest a force of over 1,000 coppers was brought in. The police used batons, rubber bullets and lethal spray muck to attack protesters, all clearly shown on news footage. When the protesters tried to defend themselves by throwing the coppers own horse manure at them, the coppers arrested 39 people. The chief copper called the protesters violent! Disgraceful police action once more.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 12 September 2024 6:19:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul,

The protests in Melbourne are a disgrace. Protesters have
thrown bottles, rocks, tomatoes, and they behaved violently
both towards police and members of the public. They caused
deliberate chaos.

I'm all for peaceful protests. The ones in Melbourne were
anything but peaceful.

I wonder who these protesters are? I read that they call
themselves "Disrupt Land Forces," and they are an amalgamation
of several groups.

If they want their rights respected - they need to respect
the rights of others. Violence only begets more violence.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 12 September 2024 10:45:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I do not think Paul is that simple.
I am sure he realises that there is a demo society that revels in a
good stoush with the police in any left wing cause.
Of course a similar exhibition by Russia and or China would be
welcomed as a peace event.

The hypocrisy is loud and clear !
Posted by Bezz, Thursday, 12 September 2024 11:39:47 AM
Leftist traitors should be shot on sight.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 12 September 2024 12:03:41 PM
When you come to protests carrying rocks, bottles,
tomatoes, balloons filled with urine - your motives
aren't peaceful.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 12 September 2024 12:11:41 PM
Hi Foxy,

I thought I might ignite some debate with my comment. Now let me explain, rocks, Ed the landscaper was there, hummm, I do believe he was on his way to an rushed job and they were just some site materials. Ah, bottles hot day, ah cool drink, would you believe, tomatoes, do you believe they were for tonight's tossed salad, everyone is coming over for the birthday party. Balloons, um party time, urine ahhhh.... would you believe grandma is turning 97, and the shop was out of helium, everyone knows urine is a great sub for helium. Now I've explained all that what about those coppers! One poor (peaceful) demonstrator had his shirt sprayed with some kind of canned chunder! That wont come out in the wash, no matter how hard his mum tries, would you recommend pre-soaking?

Foxy we must have a laugh at time. Yes I didn't agree with anyone there, not the protesters, nor the coppers and certainly not the warmongers inside.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 12 September 2024 12:55:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy