The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Cashless Society & Rip Offs

The Cashless Society & Rip Offs

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Hi John,

Is it "unfortunate" that a "cashless" society is on the rise. People might look at a card surcharge (which I think is probably unjustified) and say; "Look its costing me money!", but the reality is the use of cash costs money, with hidden overheads in its handling and distribution. Then there is a danger of theft and loss with cash as well, just as the white collar criminal might rip off your card, the blue collar criminal might rip off your head and take your cash.

Anyway, I've been part of the "cashless" society for years, I put everything "on account"....ON ACCOUNT I'VE GOT NO MONEY!.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 9 September 2024 6:11:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

Thank you for wishing me dead.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 9 September 2024 9:47:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If those pushing for cashless accept responsibility for failing to secure access to our accounts well, fine. However, until they commit to being responsible then not fine !
What most people don't realise is as to who are the real pushers for cashless. Nor the ones taking the risks that's for sure ! The pushers aren't from here so they'll never be held responsible.
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 9 September 2024 10:28:35 AM
Yuyutsu

"Dear Paul, Thank you for wishing me dead"

YOU ARE AN OUTRAGES LIAR! FULL STOP! I never have said such a thing!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 9 September 2024 3:59:58 PM
Dear Paul,

Two posts before your previous post I wrote to Ttbn that if cash is prohibited then I would starve to death within several weeks.

My apologies if you have not read my previous post.

BTW, in that same post you mentioned that cash has its overheads:
I am happy to pay a fair surcharge for covering these overheads, just keep those filthy electronic gadgets away from me!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 9 September 2024 4:28:52 PM
In 2021 in Australia, the ACCC wacked Nine Entertainment with a $159,840 fine plus a payback to customers of $450,000 for charging excessive surcharges.

While permissible surcharges are currently less than 0.05% for Eftpos, 0.05%-1% for Mastercard and Visa Debit cards, 1%-1.5% for Mastercard and Visa Credit cards, some crooks have been charging 2% and more for all cards.

When I recently used a debit card for petrol, clothing, a car service, and a new refrigerator, there were NO surcharges at all. Remember, if traders do add a surcharge they must display the amount at the checkout.

There are laws: it's not Rafferty's Rules. But the best bet is to deal only with a no surcharge-trader or use cash. Also remember, a trader who does not accept cash must not add a surcharge.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 9 September 2024 7:40:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy