The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Roll up. Roll up. Get Your Drugs From The Greens

Roll up. Roll up. Get Your Drugs From The Greens

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Yuyutsu

"Will the Greens allow it".

The Greens are not in a position to allow or disallow anything. They might have some hold over the Labor Party, but even they are getting sick of them. They are already embarrassing Albanese - on top of his doing a good job of that himself.

In the recent EU elections, the Greens got a good kicking. We are not that different from Europeans so, hopefully, they will be brought to book at our next federal election. A lot of the waffle that goes on here and in social media is not reflected in the mainstream population. All is not lost.

As for your problem with the rules for prescription medicines: there are people addicted to prescription drugs too; they are sold illegally by doctor-shoppers. Some of them have ingredients used in illegal drugs. There should be no softening their, either, in my view.

Glad to see that you are not into that other legal, but dangerous and addictive drug, alcohol.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 17 June 2024 1:23:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

How noticing the "tolerance" of this discussion?

I'm just reacting to it.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 17 June 2024 1:34:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Yuyutsu,

To give you an example, if a person has stage 4 cancer then they very well could have a need for chemotherapy, whereas a another person with lots of money has stage 2 cancer wants chemotherapy. Then give a limited supply, who in your opinion wins out the need or the want? Many pharmaceuticals are very dangers drugs, and not always appropriate in some circumstances, that's where professional medical opinion as to their use is necessary. Not sure where you are coming from, do you want these dangerous drugs as freely available as boiled lollies?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 17 June 2024 1:56:13 PM
Dear Paul,

«Then give a limited supply, who in your opinion wins out the need or the want?»

Penicillin was in limited supply in 1945, not any more.

And even if something IS in short supply in Australian pharmacies, then why deny people the ability to import it themselves from overseas?

Yes, medicines can be dangerous and harmful when misused, yet helpful and life-saving when used responsibly, but cannabis, cocaine, heroin, ice, amphetamines and the like ARE harmful, extremely harmful practically always and yet you agree, even advocate, to have their use decriminalised, mirroring alcohol. Don't you find that approach inconsistent?

As far as I am concerned, everyone is sovereign over their body: I may hate seeing one harming theirs, killing theirs even, but it is never my business and I have no permission to interfere against their will.

I take it that you agree with the above regarding abortions AND regarding harmful drugs like heroin, so why such inconsistency when it comes to medicines?

Voting for a party that intends to forcefully restrict people's sovereignty over their own bodies is akin to doing so myself.
As Hillel the elder said: "That which you would hate being done unto yourself - do not do unto others".
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 17 June 2024 4:10:19 PM
ttbn,

Nice to see you are the head of the local cheer squad for European Nazi's and Fascists. Fortunately for us, your local branch disappeared up its own backside after the 2019 election.

Yuyutsu,

As for abortion I am not in favour of abortion on demand. I see instances where abortion for health reasons is necessary.

You shouldn't have to wait for a surgeon to perform costly open heart surgery on you, you should do it yourself, or have a friend do it for you. Are you not a "sovereign citizen"?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 17 June 2024 5:10:31 PM
Dear Paul,

«As for abortion I am not in favour of abortion on demand. I see instances where abortion for health reasons is necessary.»

Thank you for clarifying: so there are points of difference between you and the Greens?

«You shouldn't have to wait for a surgeon to perform costly open heart surgery on you, you should do it yourself, or have a friend do it for you»

Since you ask, I do not recommend it, but that should be completely up to you and your friend.

However, what you advocate (freedom of obtaining and using harmful drugs by irresponsible junkies) is far more extreme in that direction than what I wrote about (freedom of obtaining and using common everyday medicines for acute and chronic illnesses by ordinary responsible Moms and Dads).

«Are you not a "sovereign citizen"?»

I am me. I do not answer to any definition.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 17 June 2024 10:10:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy