The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is Terrorism?

What is Terrorism?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Surely the use of violence to make either political or
ideological aims must be condemned. When anyone uses the
slaughter of innocent civilians to advance their
cause at that point the cause becomes immoral and unjust.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 13 May 2024 9:48:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
Yes however, too many think being a citizen is somehow a license to sit back & wait for others to "do something" ! As a citizen one is expected to contribute to keep society on the straight & narrow rather than fleeing & then cause disruption in the country that takes them in.
If those innocent children had parents who want the best for them then these parents would at least make a stand against any threats. Yes, people need help but when help is taken for granted you arrive at a situation such as we witness now. Why don't these demonstrators go to Palestine & help the Palestinians free themselves from Hamas ? I tell you why they don't, they want Hamas that's why but they don't accept the consequences & want everyone else cough up ! What will Australians do when the numbers of Hamas supporters & the Left in general get to a point where they will flex their muscles ? Society must introduce self-discipline rather than accept for Govt to impose authority ! I'm tired of sensible Westerners being branded the troublemakers, time for the others to take responsibility & then we should help them.
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 13 May 2024 10:30:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy,

"Surely the use of violence to make either political or
ideological aims must be condemned. When anyone uses the
slaughter of innocent civilians to advance their
cause at that point the cause becomes immoral and unjust."

Yes I agree, attacks on innocent people to make either political or ideological aims must be condemned.
I often think of terrorists as people who use an 'Ends justifies the means mentality'.

In the context of Israel / Palestinians, IDF are fair game, whilst the Palestinians are under occupation.
While I don't support Hamas, (because I'm not Islamic) I do support the right of Palestinians to fight oppression and have their own sovereign state.

Random is correct though, in that 'One person's terrorist, is another persons freedom fighter', and that the US designates groups that don't do what the US wants 'terrorist organisations'.
- The funny thing about it is that the US is also quite happy to work with these same types of groups when it IS in their interests.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 13 May 2024 10:51:13 AM
I agree with Dr Daniel Miller who wrote:

"The wrongs and brutalities done by each side to the
other have become too numerous to count. It does not
good to try to assign blame for the latest war
between Israel and Hamas."

"The war and the specific events that have led up to it
are just more entries in a ledger written in blood and
tears."

"The stark fact is that there is now no act of vengeance
or retribution that Jews and Arabs could do to the other
party in the conflict that would allow them to say that
accounts had been settled on their side."

"The ledger must therefore be discarded."

"The only possible peace agreement is one that looks
forward. "

"The rivers of blood (Exodus 7) spilled must somehow become
waters under the bridge."

http://internationalaffairs.org.au/australianoutlook/israel-and-palestine-where-should-history-begin-and-should-it-matter/#
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 May 2024 10:02:42 AM
There are a lot of mutts who believe two wrongs will eventually make a Right !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 15 May 2024 9:18:04 AM
I'm not sure if this 'terrorism' description can be complete without including ones own governments. Here's Rishi Sunak stating most sincerely:

http://twitter.com/Kanthan2030/status/1790077559507472538
"Putin cut off the gas supplies. It had a devastating impact on peoples lives, and threatened our energy security"

- THEY put sanctions on Russia, THEY worked with US to blow up the Nordstream pipeline, and THEY BRAGGED about decoupling from Russian energy.
THEY sanctioned Russia and were hoistered by their own petard.
THEY instead did more damage to themselves just as I told you all 18 months ago.

Here - Sunak even stated so at the time - March 18 2022:

Sunak warns UK faces £70bn hit from EU ban on Russia oil and gas
http://www.ft.com/content/70fc440a-4fb4-4d8f-93ab-888f68285131
'Chancellor tells cabinet colleagues an immediate embargo would tip Europe into recession'

These people are such total liars, they will be the end of all of us.

Timeline of the UK energy crisis
http://www.nea.org.uk/energy-crisis/energy-crisis-timeline/
"The energy crisis has been gripping the UK since autumn 2021, leaving millions struggling to pay for their energy bills. Here, National Energy Action has a timeline of how the energy crisis unfolded.

The energy crisis has been driven by wholesale gas price surges and the inefficiency of much of the UK’s housing stock. This has seen the number of UK households in fuel poverty rise to 6 million as of April 2024, and has helped drive the inflation causing the cost-of-living crisis."

- The UK government has driven a further 1.5 million British citizens into poverty themselves.

Are they the real terrorists?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 15 May 2024 9:52:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy