The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Now here is a Puzzle re the Terrorists and the Russians

Now here is a Puzzle re the Terrorists and the Russians

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Well I guess we will have to be careful what we say on here.
The governments E-Safety commissioner is now active.
She went after someone who put something on X & had it removed.
On Sky News tonight they took legal advice on whether they could
show the X Post. The post was about a Trans woman or was it a man, I
am not sure, anyway the complain was that the X post misgenered it.

Appears that if you do not remove a post the fine is $80,000.
So if you post here that Israelis are so & so-s you could have the
commissioner after you, or rather Graham Young may have her after him.

Might be an idea Graham for you to advise us on the legal position.
Who elected these lunatics ?
Posted by Bezza, Wednesday, 27 March 2024 9:50:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Starvation cult' massacre horrifies Kenya as bodies identified
http://www.9news.com.au/world/kenya-starvation-cult-nation-shocked-as-bodies-released-for-burial/a486907b-5f8e-43c0-9b73-6568aaf2a85e#6

"And I wonder how my child, my daughter, could change to be such an animal to kill her own children just because she wanted to go see Jesus."

Theo O Ebonyi: Nigerian pastor arrested over allegedly swindling followers of $1m
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-68163590

Nigerian pastor sentenced to life imprisonment for raping church member
http://www.africanews.com/2024/01/26/nigerian-pastor-sentenced-to-life-imprisonment-for-raping-church-member//

TB Joshua: ‘We thought it was heaven but then terrible things happened’
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-67861976

Yes because religious people, especially Christians are always decent honourable people...

"Well ISIS-K claimed responsibility for the attack. But what would they know?....they're just stupid Arabs, eh AC?"
- They admitted to being paid and ran straight for the Ukrainian border.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 28 March 2024 10:56:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Putin has now called LGBT activist terrorists. That should cause a bit of foaming at the mouth among the oh-so-nice-and-tolerant.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 28 March 2024 12:42:39 PM
I seemed to have changed my mind. I think that Israel should move
everyone up north and those holding hostages above ground be offered
their freedom unless they committed crimes against their prisoners.
With the tunnels sealed off offer food in exchange for hostages.
If they refuse start flooding the tunnels slowly.

That will present an ultimatum that no one could negotiate.
It might risk the lives of the underground hostages or are they
already negotiating over dead hostages ?

Hell, how can Armchair support that lot ?
Posted by Bezza, Thursday, 28 March 2024 4:01:29 PM
Hi ttbn,
Well we know that Russia isn't fond of gay people or their lifestyles, preferring to place an emphasis on family.
I'm not certain they have it in for every single gay person, I think it's the gay 'movement' they oppose.
- The one that wants to normalise and celebrate gay people, and then attack non-gay or religious for their more traditional family oriented lifestyles.

So I think it's more about protecting their current culture of family, and they probably see the gay movement as a western attack on their culture and values, than it is specifically a Russian government attack on gay people.
One might even say the current policy in Russia reflects the feelings of the people.

The West would argue this is a 'human rights issue' and not an issue that's up for debate within the citizens of a nation themselves, unless they are agreeing to liberalise gay rights further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Russia
"Although sexual activity between consenting adults of the same sex is legal, homosexuality is disapproved of by most of the population and pro-LGBT advocacy groups are deemed extremist and banned. It is illegal for individuals to "promote homosexuality" and same-sex couples and households headed by same-sex couples are ineligible for the legal protections available to opposite-sex couples."
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 28 March 2024 4:04:09 PM
"Hell, how can Armchair support that lot ?"

I must look at the situation differently to many of you.

I've already openly stated on the forum that I'm not keen on multiculturalism as a 'movement' in Australia, and that I'm not keen on the rise of Islam, and related potential for Islamic extremism...

So why do I support 'that lot'?
Well firstly lets be clear, I don't support Hamas, I'm not Islamic.
- But I do support the right of all people to live free from oppression and persecution, this includes the right of Palestinians to live free from Israeli occupation and to have their own state and self determination.

In that statement above, I'm opening up to you my logic.
- And that is I see this endless conflict more in a context of human rights, than a battle of two religious ideologies, but I certainly understand that two separate religious ideologies exist.

Let me put it another way, take religion away from both sides of the argument, what's left?

On one side you have a group trying to steal land.
On the other side you have people fighting for respect, decency, justice and dignity.
The right to have their own state, and decide things for themselves free from foreign interference and persecution.

You could foolishly portray this as all being religious, on on some level you'd be right
- But even without religion the current situation would still ensure there would be conflict, and that's why it's an issue of human rights first and foremost.

If Israel can't state it's borders and Palestinians can't have their own state and self-determination, then Israel will face resistance and retribution as long as the current situation continues.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 28 March 2024 4:35:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy