The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > RBA Warns Banks on Card Surcharges

RBA Warns Banks on Card Surcharges

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
The RBA has warned the banks to stop stealing money from consumers who pay by card (surcharges). The bank Governor has said that she will mandate ‘least cost routing’ unless the industry meets an 80% take up by mid-year.

In Europe and the UK, card charges are BANNED. Australian authorities are piss weak expecting banks to do the right thing.

Keep cash!

In the meantime, if you wish to pay by card - or are forced to by some trader you should be avoiding - the advice is, don't tap: insert the card and the payment will go through the cheaper ‘eftpost’ instead of the Visa or Mastercard network.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 4 March 2024 10:03:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tried to get cash from my usual ATM today to be greeted with, Sorry this ATM it unavailable.

Lesson: always keep cash on hand as I do. I can still do the weekly shop with cash.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 5 March 2024 2:52:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks ttbn for raising this issue. Cash is part of democracy as it is relatively anonymous. If the government can track everything you do they can control you and the nation is no longer free.
Posted by Canem Malum, Friday, 8 March 2024 12:16:14 AM
CM

It seems that you and I are the only ones here who care.

There are lots of people who are in for a big shock; it serves them right.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 8 March 2024 7:05:26 AM
Dear Ttbn,

«It seems that you and I are the only ones here who care.»

I also care very much, it's just that I didn't have much to add.

Also, even more than I am concerned about government tracking, I am concerned about big-business tracking, and even more than I am concerned about big-business I am concerned about the dependence on computers/machines, about the complexity and unnaturalness it brings into our lives and about the loss of direct human contact.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 8 March 2024 8:19:31 AM
Yuyutsu,

It gets worse.

In September 2024 the UN will be hosting the “Summit of the Future”, where member states will be asked to adopt an agreement that further consolidates globalist policy reforms, and strengthens global governance “ for present and future generations”. The UN Secretary General would be endowed with “authority to convene and operationalise an emergency platform in the event of a future complex global shock ….”. ATTRIBUTE extraordinary powers without authorisation from member states.

Australians either stand for their basic rights and freedoms or risk losing everything come September 2024.

Over the last four years, Australian governments have exerted powers over citizens on a scale never before attempted.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 8 March 2024 10:10:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy