The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I Spy With My Little Eye

I Spy With My Little Eye

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Hi Maverick (Mavs),

Even the Pope wants Ukraine to surrender.

It must be very disheartening for Ukrainians.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 12 March 2024 11:42:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Probably best the West starts a mass evacuation (to the rest of Europe) of remaining Ukrainians - because the war is getting worse.

The trend is toward the destruction of all Ukraine because Russia is now tooled up as a near-war economy with more plentiful artillery shells, missiles and other munitions.

Also China and North Korea have solidified their alliances with Russia - towards a bipolar Second Cold (tending to Hot) World War.
Posted by Maverick, Wednesday, 13 March 2024 8:03:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You asked me Foxy.

So what are your views on what should be done about Ukraine?

Please call me Mavs ;)
Posted by Maverick, Friday, 15 March 2024 10:57:03 AM
Hi Mavs,

What do I think should be done with Ukraine?

I think Ukraine should receive help globally
from all the liberal democracies around the world.
As past history has shown - evil empires do
eventually collapse. Russia's turn will come.
Either from within or from the outside.

We can't not support the Ukrainian people in their
bid for freedom. We just can't.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 15 March 2024 11:23:17 AM
Hi Foxy

Then I think Ukraine will remain an endless war, like Afghanistan (2001-2021), until no Ukrainian buildings are left standing. The tent option would be even worse than in Gaza.

The only hope might be Putin dies before Zelensky.

Unfortunately Putin is only 71. The CIA "stated they had no evidence to suggest Putin was unstable or in bad health."[1] He keeps fit with a "sambo" martial art [2] Putin is a "popular" leader to most Russians who are used to dictators. Putin also has thousands of bodyguards keeping him safe.

A post Putin Russian leader might end the war.

But Putin on the Biden (Duracell Bunny) scale may live 15 more years - of war.

Mavs

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Putin#Health

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Putin#Sports
Posted by Maverick, Friday, 15 March 2024 3:12:23 PM
Hi Mavs,

Sometimes miracles do happen.

I guess it will take one to bring peace to Ukraine.

Very depressing situation.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 15 March 2024 4:00:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy