The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I Spy With My Little Eye

I Spy With My Little Eye

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
ASIO made the announcement that a Member of our Parliament
had been a spy for a foreign regime. Yet the MP was not named
and this has caused a great deal of controversy.

Should the MP be named and shamed?

An why does ASIO refuse to name the MP?
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 1 March 2024 12:12:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“The MP” should be in custody awaiting trial for treason. The ridiculous little man, Burgess, should be sacked for suggesting that the traitor not be named and dealt with. Australians should finally realise that there is a class of people, including politicians, that is exempt from the law.

A Chinaman has been jailed in the last few days for “foreign influence”, but a politician is OK because he is ‘no longer a threat.

Both Albanese and Dutton should also be removed for acquiescing to the appalling advice from Burgess. Any relation to Guy Burgess?
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 3 March 2024 6:43:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ASIO Boss Mike Burgess apparently wrote to MPs
some time ago warning them about spies within
the government. He received no reactions. So
now he's made statements to attract attention
and warn MPs about what's going on within their
ranks, and to be careful.

His actions have now worked. His comments have attracted
attention - which appears to be what his aim was.

I personally feel that the MP should be named
And the matter investigated
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 3 March 2024 9:20:27 AM
Hi Foxy,

I agree with your speculation that the ASIO boss had passed on the information some time ago and was frustrated that nothing had happened, but note that his pubic disclosure does not seem to have got the wheels turning.

Treason is a crime and there should be no tolerance or exemptions. The inaction is extraordinary but nothing surprising for cult leader Albo.
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 3 March 2024 9:41:00 AM
Pre 2018. It has to be Abbott.
Posted by Riely, Sunday, 3 March 2024 10:25:39 AM
Hi Fester,

A full investigation needs to be followed up by the
government. No excuses. Otherwise innocent people
could be smeared. Also other MPs need to know who
they're dealing with and be vigilant and careful
for our country's security.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 3 March 2024 10:25:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy