The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > My List Of What The Coalition Must Do To 'Get Back In'.

My List Of What The Coalition Must Do To 'Get Back In'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. All
Has anyone else noticed the poster shadowminister has an unhealthy preoccupation with paedophiles and paedophilia on this forum, randomly posting about the subject at every opportunity, literally hundreds of times. There are those with very sick minds. Unfortunately this forum allows this type of behaviour, despite claiming "zero tolerance" on the subject.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 2 March 2024 5:10:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo,

I seem to have missed the Albanese government’s attempts to save our ‘democracy’, which has become more of an elected dictatorship. But, the misinformation/disinformation Bill indicates that they are doing just the opposite: the government and it's cronies can say what they like, but the rest of us can't.

The Morrison government would have been doing the same thing had it survived. All of our politicians are rotten to the core. I am no fan of the Liberal Party, which is pretty much like the Labor party.

I'm not barracking for a Dutton government. I listed the policies that they needed to get back in because they are the only alternative in our system. Perhaps I should have said the party I would like to see in government would have the policies I suggested - it doesn't matter what label they use.

The low first preference votes of both major parties indicate that Australians are fed up with them. We need something different. What that would look like is beyond me. We need people with vision, not a bunch of self-serving drones, there just because that are unemployable in the real world.

We need fewer politicians, and more elections, to keep them frightened of us.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 2 March 2024 7:15:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"The low first preference votes of both major parties indicate that Australians are fed up with them." That's true, 40% of Australians want alternative choices, the DNA of the Big Two is very much the same, its emphasis rather than policy that differentiates them. The upsurge in the TEAL vote last election indicates Australians are dissatisfied, wanting to see a refreshed approach to politics from their elected representatives. There is much cynical scepticism about politics and politicians generally in Australia.

The NOALITION with its no policies approach does itself no good what so ever. Looking at the NOALITION front bench from Dutton down, its very, very weak, hardly a worthwhile alternative to Labor. Not that Labor's bunch are all that much better.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 2 March 2024 7:51:42 AM
We need people with vision, not a bunch of self-serving drones
ttbn,
Yes, particularly among the voting public. The pollies only go bad because the voters are too demanding yet uncooperative.
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 2 March 2024 7:57:51 AM
Indyvidual,

As you say. Voters are responsible for the politicians we have. We are supposed to be their masters, not their servants. We need to vote more often and more intelligently. There should also be a limit to how long politicians can stay. Politics should not be a long-time career choice.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 2 March 2024 8:18:36 AM
Nice list ttbn.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 2 March 2024 2:22:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12