The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Conscription

Conscription

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. All
"If conflict accelerates in Europe and with Russia and China
a large number of civilians would have to be called up."

That's not going to happen, you've been sold a lie in order to trick you into pour money and human lives into the Wests project against Russia in Ukraine.

Did you watch the Putin / Carlson interview?
Putin's like 'We have no interest in that whatsoever'

What is going to happen, is that Russia will win the war in Ukraine, and all of Europe will be in a panic that Russian forces will move further east, which they won't because they don't care about conquest they care about security.

It's at this point Europe will realise they were sold a lie, and they will hate the U.S. for making them impoverished and trying to drag them into a war against Russia.

Putin's message to the west w/ Jeffrey Sachs
http://www.youtube.com/live/eJNg5OwM6VU
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 13 February 2024 10:51:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As one who has enjoyed 80 years of everything secured by regulars and conscripts in WW2, but who has never been required to do National Service myself, I have no right, moral or otherwise, to suggest it for anyone else. And I will not.

Some people think that conscription is a way to ‘straighten out’ young people. It is not. That's a job for parents and, in some cases, teachers, and the law.

Some people think military authorities want conscripts. They do not; they don’t want the problems of training anyone adverse to service, who have never had “no” said to them, get around glued to smartphones, and are generally selfish and self-centred.

Some of these young people would be seriously traumatised by loss of their mobile phones. Military discipline would be totally alien to them, because they have never even experienced parental discipline. They have been pandered to by parents and a weak society. The army is rough. You get shouted at. Not many modern young people could handle that.

Wokeness has ensured that ‘giving your life for your country’ is no longer a given. Young minds have been “poisoned” by constant anti-Australian, anti-Western messages.

Given the mess that our so-called leaders have made of the country, why would anyone risk their lives for them!

I'm not talking about all young people. Some of them are brilliant, and they would either volunteer if needed, or they are already serving in the ADF.

What is needed from our hitherto useless politicians is more spending on defence and unmanned fighting machines such as drones and missiles to defend ourselves with as little loss of life to our professional warriors as possible.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 13 February 2024 11:16:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy,

I had a cousin who was conscripted and sent to Vietnam, where he was one of the over 500 young Australians killed in America's Murderous War. I opposed conscription then, and I still do today. As I asked WHERE WERE YOU! You're probably about 80 years old, and hide behind that old age, all smug in the knowledge that wont affect YOU, calling for the conscription of young people today. You avoid the question, when ever I ask why you didn't enlist when you had the opportunity to do so. don't say "I wasn't an Australian citizen, your country of citizenship would have taken YOU."
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 13 February 2024 11:57:09 AM
I'm pretty sure that conscription wasn't designed to get those unfortunate young people killed.
Just as cars, motor bikes etc. aren't designed to kill even more people. My guess is that drug abuse has resulted in more loss of live among those who refused to participate in National Service thus far.
I will not waver from my view that a National Service (not military) is absolutely vital to prevent a further decline of mentality among those who are just about to enter adulthood. Schools are failing society & only a twelve months Gap Year NS can put the brakes on that downhill run. Once begun, future teachers will benefit & pass the better mentality on to the students. Young people need to be enlightened that a NS is not about learning to kill people, it's about understanding & comprehending the value & desperate need of discipline in life. The understanding that a Nation has to be able to defend itself but it can't do that with illiterate & drugged to the eyeballs teenage fathers & single mothers.
To live here is a privilege & being born here is just sheer luck & to keep abusing both is sheer stupidity.
A NS will put an end to that mentality.
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 13 February 2024 6:09:24 PM
Indyvidual

Can you provide evidence that that conscription works, that it has a lasting effect?

Are you speaking from experience?

Where and when did you do National Service?
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 13 February 2024 6:23:54 PM
Indyvidual never did any kind of national service in his life, he has admitted that in the past. That kind of thing is for others not this bloke.

Indy, as for the death of my cousin all those years ago, your mitigation effort is pathetic!
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 13 February 2024 8:13:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. All