The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is there a God?

Is there a God?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. 46
  9. Page 47
  10. All
Jim/David nothing to do with me the thread just will not lie down!
Seems mankind yearns to believe in God, wants answers about Gods.
I have watched some interesting debates on fox about pre Christian Gods, and some claims they may be the real Christ.
I as you know believe in none of them, however Jim our youth makes us say in Gods name and such not always belief.
other subjects are as interesting but this one is hard wired into the brain of mankind.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 16 November 2007 7:54:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why do you suppose it is hard wired? Divine gift to help us come to the truth? A civilizing effect that improves prospect of survival?
Posted by mjpb, Tuesday, 20 November 2007 8:32:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We are intellectually, spiritually and emotionally made in the image of our designer. So only as we understand that divine image are we likley to find meaning and fulfilment of our being - [having existence]. Is there a God? Yes! He is expressed in the highest ideals of human character, creativity, wisdom and knowledge. God is not a being created of spatial matter - God is the unified spirit expressed incarnate primarily through people, community, life, design and form. The character of God is absolute perfection [holiness] and it is upon this we reflect as the ideals for man and society.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 26 November 2007 2:45:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. 46
  9. Page 47
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy